Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

carbon fibre parts

right i've been having a chat with bic at streamline carbon about some cf products for the mk1 clio

things i have asked about are:

boot spoiler (mould of a standard spoiler, not a huge aftermarket thing)
    inner boot trim (bit that covers the lock mechanism etc)
    scuttle panel

now is there any other parts you would like to see produced, and more importantly is there GENUINE interest in the above products. because if there isnt im not wasting my time and streamilne carbons time by sending them oe parts to make moulds out of and get ideas of prices.

any comments welcome

and is anyone aware of any other cf products on the market for the mk1 clio?

cheers

i can get CF door cards

There was a post on here a little while ago getting interest, but I think getting the moulds done was going to be ££££ so not worth it.

There's also a post on CS about CF parts that look pretty good. I've posted in it but can't remember which section it's in lol

I'd love some CF stuff but can't afford it :(

yeh the post on CS is about streamline products as they are producing various mk2 parts, and bic does ask about parts for the mk1, but because there doesnt seem to be many mk1 owners on there he didnt get much of a reply

so i contacted him myself to see what they could do

Quote Originally Posted by white16valver
    There was a post on here a little while ago getting interest, but I think getting the moulds done was going to be ££££ so not worth it.
    Yes, as white16v says. It was my goodself about the carbon parts. The moulds are telephone numbers, price wise.

I deal with these ppl in china a lot and im still working on trying to get the price of the mould reduced.

Im not familiar with the complexity of putting a mould together or the materials the mould is made from so im trying to get them to reduce the price using different materials....?????

:D

hmm, is the cost so high because you want to purchase the mould and therefore you could make any number of that product and rake in the profits? that makes sense to me if they are going through all the trouble of making a mould that you want to buy?

difference here is that streamline carbon would just be selling us the ready made carbon parts, they retain the moulds for any future purchases.

i think basically what they need to do is get a minimum of 5 orders per part to justify the cost of the mould, otherwise its just not cost effective

this is a great opportunity to have cf parts made for the clio, and once the moulds are done they can be used for people in the future who also want the parts

if no-one is interested then fair enough, but i can gaurantee that if i post pics of mine with some parts on it people are going to want them, so why not get in on the act?

would anybody be interested in a set of the following door cards as a group buy?

They weigh about 1.5kg the pair and can have optional cut outs for winder, latch, grab handle etc. Tell them what you need when you order!

Can also be cut and trimmed at home for speakers, switches and other customisation, would need at least 5 people for group buy and a guess at rough price will be about £100 for the front pair inc dvry

Quote Originally Posted by geesus
    hmm, is the cost so high because you want to purchase the mould and therefore you could make any number of that product and rake in the profits? that makes sense to me if they are going through all the trouble of making a mould that you want to buy?

difference here is that streamline carbon would just be selling us the ready made carbon parts, they retain the moulds for any future purchases.

i think basically what they need to do is get a minimum of 5 orders per part to justify the cost of the mould, otherwise its just not cost effective

this is a great opportunity to have cf parts made for the clio, and once the moulds are done they can be used for people in the future who also want the parts

if no-one is interested then fair enough, but i can gaurantee that if i post pics of mine with some parts on it people are going to want them, so why not get in on the act?
    get some pics posted then of parts mate!

trying to sort out a group buy with performance-trim? ;) thats where my door cards are from, and by the way they dont look like that pic when you get them

and as for getting pics of the parts, im not sure you understand, there are NO carbon fibre parts produced that i have listed, this is to develop them from scratch

the scuttle i was thinking of basing on this which as far as i know is a one off someone had made

the boot trim will be as an addition to the door cards myself and other people already have, i'm going to try and get away with a flat panel rather than a moulded piece as this will dramatically cut down cost, but i need to do some more thinking first

the spoiler will be moulded to the same shape as the original boot spoiler for an oe look

Quote Originally Posted by geesus
    trying to sort out a group buy with performance-trim? ;) thats where my door cards are from, and by the way they dont look like that pic when you get them
    Yes performance trim, they look like they have some quite good products, so what do the doorcards look like then? Did you get just the fronts or the rears too?