Forum User

wheelspinning!!!

Had a trackday today in my willy trackcar,cams verniers etc it blew the diff by dinertime (well pissed off)basically what was happening when coming out of 2 hairpins in 2nd or 3rd gear its spinning the front wheel (1 wheel)like **** (with slicks)and i think i melted the planet gears
    does any one else on here have excessive wheelspin coming out of tight corners on trackdays?
    i no the answer is a lsd but there well expensive!

cheers

Forum User
    i did the full donington circuit the other day and on both hairpins there i got wheel spin coming out of the corner and that was with slicks too, no problems with the box though!

Forum User
    oh right,ive not long had the car so dont no the history of the g/box,my valver was fine ater a trackday a while ago at rockingham!

Forum User
    tbh i have had previous problems with the diff but bought a new box from renault and its pretty much only done trackdays and still holding up ok, although i am looking into a LSD and full uprated rebuild!

Forum User
    i dont no what route to go down with lsd etc,i rang cambridge motorsport today the do a thing called a phantom gripper which semi locks the diffs planet gears but they tried one on a clio diff but had issues with the tapper bearings and the off centre diff so it didnt work-what a shame as there only 200quid!
    how much was the g/box from renault?

Forum User
    £600 odd with discount, im looking at gripper diff tbh, wont have to worry about the diff clips popping no more too!