Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

*** Haynes Sprint day Sat 27th August ***

Haynes Sprint Day details :

We have now confirmed the booking on Saturday August 27th.The day will be run as a sprint day, but will not be MSA authorised so no need for competition licenses,scrutineering and the cars dont have to be caged etc.

A MAXIMUM OF 20 CARS WILL BE ALLOWED AT £30 PER CAR.

It will be strictly first come first served.

The format for the day will be as follows:

1. The permitted Noise level on a Saturday is 101 db, so I think everyones car should be ok.
    2.Helmets are compulsory.
    Front seat passengers are permitted.
    If needed, you will need to arrange your own insurance.

The Track is open from 10:00-13:00, then mandatory lunch break. Then pm session 14:00-17:00
    Next to the track is the Haynes Motor Museum, with toilets and restaurant etc.

We were thinking of running the morning sessions as practise runs and the afternoon with timed runs. (This will be confirmed)

Visitors/Spectators are very welcome and FREE. No young children please, unless extremely well supervised
    No-one else is on the track during the day, it will be exclusively ours!

EVERYONE WITH NO EXCEPTION must sign the Haynes disclaimer BEFORE entering the track area.

To make things easier for everyone involved, there will be only 2 classes:

STANDARD & MODIFIED

As this course is all about the handling of the vehicles, the slight performance advantage of the Willy will be negated. A good driver in a 1.8 will be just as quick as the 2 litres anyway.

We will say on the day who goes into which category, but for those that are running very minor mods, we will be using some common sense and you will be going into the standard section, especially if your running a 1.8.

Cars that will automatically go into the modified will be anything running slicks, trick suspension, rollcages and high powered engines. 2-3 very minor tweeks are ok and will run in standard.

If we get a lot more 1.8's than expected they "may" be split up into a different group.

Above all, the day is just supposed to be a bit of fun and a weekend get together. We will be booking up a campsite nearby over the next few days, so I will need to know who wants to camp. We will be staying on the Friday and Saturday nights, although as Monday will be a bank holiday, we may stay the Sunday as well.

We now require payment ASAP to the tune of £30. Please send your cheques payable to Ritchspeed Imports to the address below and write "SPRINT" on the rear of the cheque. If you can also confirm your real name if its different to your forum name on a note in the envelope.

Ritchspeed Imports
    Munding House
    High St
    Borth
    Ceredigion
    SY24 5JF

Cheers Mark

p.s Any questions, fire away.
    p.p.s Northy, can you make this a sticky until the time of the event please?

good lad mark...im in.

can you post a picture up of the track...and can we also sort camping out the night before...so we can make the most of the days events ?

Banned
    Can you confirm what i will get for my 30 pounds please? Ie, how much time on track etc?

Ill almost certainly come along, but probably to watch.

Re: *** Haynes Sprint day Sat 27th August ***

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ritchspeed

Tracktime = 10:00-13:00 & 14:00-17:00
    :D

Banned
    But i think Mark said we run one at a time when timed. So have to divide track time by 30 cars.

Location.

Track layout.

Tracktime will be divided equally between the 20 cars. With runs taking about 1min 20secs at a time. I would guess on around 6-7 practise runs each in the morning and around 4-5 timed runs in the afternoon.

Obviously total track time is not the same as a trackday, but its much easier on the car and obviously much,much cheaper. Its not supposed to be a trackday, but an alternative to the norm and a cheap intoroduction to competition without all the pressures normally involved with competition.

We also have the option to do some 0-60mph timed runs in with the morning practise for a bit of extra spice.

Forum User
    I'll come along not sure about going on track though but i might have a change of heart if you struggle for numbers.

Location: Williams Land Cars: Minty Williams 2 & Now 0171 - AV IT !
    sorry no can do