Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

anyone know the best person to try for this kind of thing?

my sunroof is leaking (i know, join the club) and although i would feel comfortable repairing it myself, id much prefer someone whos done one, or who is a pro at doing them to come look at it. Im sure years ago there were tons of sunroof fitters about, but I suppose with so many cars having sunroofs from new now its not as big a thing and theyve disappeared.
    Anyone know who to try? like windscreen repair, or something like that I guess? Im based in epsom, surrey. I might look this week and see where its leaking from. The motor has stopped, so I dont know if the motor has stopped before the sunroof completely closed - causing it to leak, or it was leaking first, causing the sunroof to knacker. lol, anyway, there u go.

I'm no good at fitting them but I have a complete sunroof and mechanism stripped from my track car I would sell. Might be of some use if your motor is kaput as I guess they would be expensive new. It didn't leak either, although I guess that is more down to how it is (re)fitted rather than the sunroof and seals itself?

how much u after for it?

Are you after the whole thing? I've got the glass, the runners, the seals, the motor, those little sun blind things that pull across the sunroof gap, all the screws, etc. etc. All in really good condition as car is very low mileage (40-odd thousand). PM me an offer for the bits you need, or the whole lot.

wouldnt have a clue as to how much thats all worth mate, tell you what, Ill check on tuesday as to what needs replacing and pm u then, that ok mate?

* Uncle Schakal * knitted by nanas since 1995 , now available with added GSOH
    the rubber around the sunroof is designed to let a bit of
    water in , your problem would be with blocked sunroof
    drain pipes mate

i thought there was zero drainage on clios, thats the annoying point? sure i read that sumwhere on this site

Forum User
    ahhhhh, the joys of Williams 3 ownership!!

Quote Originally Posted by titcharoony
    i thought there was zero drainage on clios, thats the annoying point? sure i read that sumwhere on this site
    Correct, there is no drainage pipes.

Mat.

Quote Originally Posted by titcharoony
    Ill check on tuesday as to what needs replacing and pm u then, that ok mate?
    Yeah, no probs. I'm not in any massive rush to shift it so will hang on to it all in case you need any particular bits until you let me know otherwise.