Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Yes mate thats the idea...

Obviously the colder the air going into the engine the better the combustion....

...because there is a lot less heat transfer to the inlet manifold / throttle body from the head because there is a heat resistant barrier it means intake temps are less.

The inlet manifold gasket gives the biggest difference with the throttle body gasket just being seen as a may as well addition though will give some difference as again is another heat barrier - the colder the air at the very entry point the better. The gaskets are reuseable and as the OE throttle body gasket from Renault is £4.50ish anyway and isn't reuseable it is a lot better - if any its an investment lol.

Hondata are famous for making just throttle body gaskets for the civic type-rs so must be worth doing as this is one of the first mods done by everyone on the CTR (civic) forum.

The t.body gasket is a very easy mod to do as well - I'd estimate if you know what you are doing 5-10mins to change. For your first time up to half hour!

Tbh the manifold one isn't a massive task - easily done in half a day can just be a bit fiddily, esp if its your first time - like most things

I'd personally recommend using these alongside a cold air feed (if you haven't got one already). Together should give a significant difference in performance and will help with heat soak - as you know valver bays can get very warm!

Also they look cleaner :D

cheers for the reply mate

will invest in a set of both next thurs if you still have them!

is it a noticable increase?

no problem...

FOR YOU ALL - I HAVE JUST SPOKEN TO THE LAZER CUTTERS AND THEY ARE GOING TO BE CUTTING ANOTHER BATCH EARLY NEXT WEEK.

Well we fitted one to a friends valver and he said he noticed a big difference - obviously you won't notice any difference at first but after driving for say 5mins when everything is heated up thats when the difference comes in.

For what they cost you won't see much more of a gain for the pound. :D

simonr85, paush and Wobba - you all have PMs.

ALL - These gaskets will be available again as of tomorrow. If they are anything like the lost batch probably won't last too long!

I have x8 sets coming, but about x5 have their names down but pending payment all are available.

Thanks

PM'd

you have reply mate

Forum User
    157bhp @the wheels... and its no longer broken!
    anybody whos fitted 1 got any feedback on performance?

Forum User
    any left will have a set if you have, only problem is i dont have paypal so can i send a cheque/postal order pm me address if you can thanks,

x3 sets left - one awaiting payment clear from someone on the forum and another set on ebay... so if you want the last set davem then drop me a PM and we will sort out payment and delivery details. postal order or pref cash sent recorded/special delivery would be ideal.

All sets now sold... HOWEVER I can get more made up if anyone wants any.

Sure there will be a fair bit of feedback to come shortly from the peeps who have purchased.

Cheers.