Lift off oversteer+lack of talent=valver sideways & off

Had fun last night driving down 1 of my fave roads (Spring Lane, nr Nottingham) when all of a sudden (due partly to lack of talent and cup rear shocks) I lost the back end on a right hand bend,gave it too much opposite lock and it spun the other way round . Was doing about 60-70 mph, ended up hitting the kerb with o/s front wheel, went sideways across the grass and as it spun a bit more I clipped a concrete post busting n/s rear light cluster, bumper and wing. Then braked as we were goin backwards and it spun back round and back onto the road facing the way we were originally going. It still drove but it was obvious something was bent and broken.

Got it to a garage in the morning (just :( ) Confirmed damage so far is 3 badly damaged tyres, seriously kerbed o/s front wheel, the panel damaged described above (will post pics when I find the cable) and possibly a bent hub carrier. Mechanic said to try replacing that 1st as I have a spare 1 at home anyway as hes seen damage from a similar accident and suspected bent wishbones, shock and track rods so replaced all of them and it was still f****d, turns out only the hub was bent.

So I'm just w8ing to see if its just that when he starts on it tomorrow, if not I've got a good price on new bits from euro car parts so it aint gonna be stupidly expensive to fix. Not sure if the wheels buckled yet so I need a naples valver rear bumper and possibly a ph2 wheel will put thread in wanted section.

Just want to point out me and my m8 r ok, just a bit shook up and bruised nothing serious

Things like this made me a more 'sensible' driver in my dotage. Glad you're ok.

I'd be very surprised if you don't have a bent front sub frame.

yeah tbh the clios subframes go more easily then wishbones and hubs

Just an update, getting the valver back this afternoon and my mechanic reckons the subframe isn't bent and the only other damage was a busted track rod end.

I'll soon see how it drives but I trust my guy, as he's a top notch mechanic not a sh***y cowboy parts fitter like a lot of them.

I've managed to source a rear bumper and lights so next job is get the n/s rear qtr done, been quoted £400 to spray the whole side, as the arch is actually rotten and wants cutting away and replacing. Is this a good price???

Was planning getting this done after doin a trackday at Donnington in march but thats on hold now :(

I think £400 is about right if they are doing the whole side and the arch welding. Prices vary from quite low through to criminal sums of cash sometimes.