Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FAO of all financial experts.....

What's the deal with all these online companies which can claim back unfair bank charges. Don't know much about it but been looking at this one https://claimingbackbankcharges.com/ are they any good? Anyone won a claim using one of these companies? My bank really pissed me off this morning so I want to claim back all bank charges from the past 6 yrs!

You can do it yourself with template letters and then you won't have to pay silly charges to a company to copy and paste your details into their template ;) lol

Someone on here's definitely done it - see if you can have a search for bank charges or something

Other than that, get googling for a free template letter. Thisismoney may be a good site to check!

No harm in putting a claim together as they may pay out, but it is unlikely at the moment since the whole thing is on hold pending a test case between the OFT and the banks. The FSA have ruled that the banks don't need to take any action with regards compensation/refunds until the outcome of that, which could take many months (and when either side loses it is likely to go to appeal, taking even longer)

The banks that the FSA has agreed do not need to process any complaints about unfair charges at the moment can be found here:

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pubs/waivers/details_disp.pdf

If you bank with a company not on that list then it is still worth putting a claim in now, otherwise you'll now have to wait until the case is decided.

i done mine early last year and got £170 back! mate done his and got just under £1.3K back!!!! dont get a company to do you tho, its a con, easy to do yourself by following online instructions and using the template letters. think its harder to get them to pay out now! but i suppose its worth a try
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Forum User
    yeah company asked about takes a 1/3

Also with £176.25 being the minimum fee, so you'd need to be expecting a decent sized claim to avoid them gobbling it all up (e.g. Fatboy would have still owed them 6.25 in his example, had he used these guys to claim his money back!)

Cheers for the advice fellas, I should have just done a search on bank charges! lol! As stevie_b says, banks don't seem to be processing any claims at the moment due to the test case, but I'll send off for my bank statements anyway and put a claim in, won't do any harm. Some of them online companies want 25%! Been lookin at Martin Lewis' moneysavingexpert.com, gives some good adivuce on there!

^^^That was supposed to say 'advice'! Damn edit button!!!

I got back £1200.

Did it myself too.