Nissan Pulsar GTi-R vs Clio Williams 16v Hybrid

Last night on the private runway i raced a pulsar.

Starting rolling from second gear, a bit of spin into third and were off... by the end of 3rd hes about a length ahead of me then into fourth he pulls another 1 length. So total of about 2 lengths upto 120 odd?

Pull up next to eachother and he asks me what im running, I said 2.0 170bhp ish and i asked the same he said between 300 and 320bhp.

Was well happy with that tbh! It was quicker than the 300bhp sti scooby i raced.

lose quite a lot of power from the 4wd, but from a rolling start you have a better chance, but nice to see you didn't get spanked :D

standing start i would assume the pulsar can get the power down better and would gain quite a bit

It was slippery last night though, i was spinning and he wasnt! We tried a first gear but i had to really feather it which sucked a bit.

I 'd guess it was'nt 320 bhp tbh I got shaded by a gti-r in the t/b's clio

Forum User
    off the line it would have been light years ahead, a mate of mine has one running around 340/350bhp, and its mental, must be in the 4's to 60, nothing touches it off the line including a nice lambo murci whatever there called

had it rebuilt and its been reliable as hell with 3 or 4 years of abuse!

looks gash though

pulsars are bloody loud

I've had a couole of them, neither were totally mint, but the standard one I had was pretty good. Strange cars. they feel like they are really big...I think they carry a lot of uneccessary weight. You sit quite high, though the seats are fully adjustable I seem to remember. They are a lot less stable than the Impreza, as the Scoob has a longer wheelbase and seems to flow better. But still, very quick and loads of grip, can get twitchy though.

Quote Originally Posted by bill.
    off the line it would have been light years ahead, a mate of mine has one running around 340/350bhp, and its mental, must be in the 4's to 60, nothing touches it off the line including a nice lambo murci whatever there called

looks gash though
    Does he have short blonde hair m8? I had a race in my 5 Turbo a few years back with one. We followed for a bit after then he waved us to pull over and we had a chat. Seemed a really sound lad.... I think he was as impressed with the 5 as I was with the pulsar!

Chris

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris n`nic
    Quote Originally Posted by bill.

looks gash though
    Does he have short blonde hair m8? I had a race in my 5 Turbo a few years back with one. We followed for a bit after then he waved us to pull over and we had a chat. Seemed a really sound lad.... I think he was as impressed with the 5 as I was with the pulsar!

Chris
    yeah he does, he's names howie, a grey one with a big forge front mounted intercooler? possibly a shopping list down the sides of his doors? cant remember, last time he went the pod he did 12.6, enough to blow away most evo's/scoobys/porkers etc that he comes across on the road, and yeah he is a really sound lad, it will have been him, he doesn't use it much these days though

Yeah Howie....ask him about a blast with mint 5 turbo...obvious outcome tho lol

chris