Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sunroof

Forum User

Sunroof

I thought for a while that my clio was the only one without a leaky sunroof but i think that put a hex on me because its started. . . bigtime!

Ive heard of this fault many times but never had to deal with it- it fills the electric sunroof surround with water and then drips out around bends- is this the usual problem? If so what is the fix?

Cheers

A Tube of Silicone Sealant.... Ive given up trying to get mine to stay sealed,
    I think reno wanted to save people time by giving them a shower in the morning on the way to work!

Forum User
    you sure its not the aerial hole....thats leaking. if not you need to work out if its the sunroof seal or coming in between the roof skin and sunroof

Im still looking for a proper sunroof fitter to come have a look at mine. not going to attempt it myself, will only mess it up. By the way, if my sunroof motor were to go, and the sunroof were to not have closed properly, would that be a possibility? Because it did stop working half open once, and I had to help it as much as I could back to closed. Defo still in trouble as it whistles as higher speeds.
    Its a bit chicken and egg, did the sunroof start leaking and damage the motor, or did the motor go - hold the sunroof open and start leaking? I do have a spare sunroof motor now, would it be best to replace that, and see if it closes properly?

not going to hurt to try, and once the centre console is out you should be able to see where the leak is coming from.

ahh cool. I'll follow good ol' haynes and see what happens. needs to get sorted though. hell its difficult to get a sunroof fitter though. Im sure years ago there were loads.

If its filing the interior light its probably the ariel. Just pop the center out with a screw driver and somewhere in there is an 8mm or 10mm nut what holds the ariel. I filled my ariel base with sealant and then re fitted it. Ive just done it to the megane too as that started leaking due to the bad rain we have had.

will the whole centre console come out with a screwdriver pry? or just the intereior light cover. It seems to have stopped leaking for the mean time, but has leaked from the intereior light cover (that lil cover that pops off with the infrared sensor), and the general centre console. Its even leaked from the bottom left side of dash by the fuse box. god knows how it got there. down the a pillar i guess.

take the light out, unclip the board and let the sensor dangle then you can see the aerial base and check for any water sloshing and water marks on the headlining.

the 3 sections pop out (sensor, buton and light panel) then pop out the light unit there are 3 screws behind them holding the console in place.