Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Running rich

rite.found this.

this is filmed from inside a 14.5 sec 1/4 mile saxo, with dog box, coilovers, etc and a shit hot driver in craggy........some of u will know the lad , and know he can drive.

he had been chasing the teg type r in front of him (the white thing) for a fair few laps......watch the williams come past him, then watch the williams go past the teg as well.....hehe

by the way......the cams only made the car quicker round the track imo, and the higher limiter heped me hold onto lower gears a bit longer to get extra speed on the exits of corners..not less rob

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=jonpassing

hehe.its only showin a bit on there lol.....anyone wanna host??

Forum User
    Thanks for the help. Think i'll just give them both a ring and maybe pop to see them. Think whichever one of the two i go for won't be a bad choice.

I'm not expecting to get loads more power or see massive results, just wanna get it running 'right' and i do think this will give me back some of the power i'm probably loosing.

Few more things, what can the limiter be safely raised to? and i mean safely! i don't wanna push it. Also does a chipped ECU require another lambe sensor? I remember something about the SMT6 needed another lamba for some reason or am i just talking rubbish?

Thanks
    Mark

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by case
    Thanks for the help. Think i'll just give them both a ring and maybe pop to see them. Think whichever one of the two i go for won't be a bad choice.

I'm not expecting to get loads more power or see massive results, just wanna get it running 'right' and i do think this will give me back some of the power i'm probably loosing.

Few more things, what can the limiter be safely raised to? and i mean safely! i don't wanna push it. Also does a chipped ECU require another lambe sensor? I remember something about the SMT6 needed another lamba for some reason or am i just talking rubbish?

Thanks
    Mark
    I'd say 7k is abouyt as far as you'd want to push it personally I'd prefere a 6.75k limit on mine but it makes more and more power the more you rev it due to the aftermarket cams and head work the engine has. However maybe cars have a 7.2k limit with no problems. Any more than 7.5 and youir asking to have problems IMO.
    I don't think the SMT needs any aditional lambeda though it takes readings from the stock one.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 live
    rite.found this.

this is filmed from inside a 14.5 sec 1/4 mile saxo, with dog box, coilovers, etc and a shit hot driver in craggy........some of u will know the lad , and know he can drive.

he had been chasing the teg type r in front of him (the white thing) for a fair few laps......watch the williams come past him, then watch the williams go past the teg as well.....hehe

by the way......the cams only made the car quicker round the track imo, and the higher limiter heped me hold onto lower gears a bit longer to get extra speed on the exits of corners..not less rob

http://www.putfile.com/media.php?n=jonpassing
    can confirm that, i was in the saxo when he did it!!

lol.but no doubt the doubters will say......but he wasnt booting it.he cant drive..etc etc. the amount of races iv had with craggy when mine was in std form ....this sax was rite at the side of me, from set off to limiter in 5th.........but then he started puttin more mods on n pulling away.

this vid to me proves how much quicker than b4 my car now is..obviously, ppl who havent been there when me n craggy have raced b4 wont truly understand, but like i said..this car used to match me mph for mph, corner for corner

Banned
    Well Mark is the new benchmark now, so best get those lap times down in Anglesey :D

We'll see. When 2Live gets some decent brakes on his I reckon he'll shave around 3-4 secs a lap off around Oulton Park when compared to standard set-up.

Thats the difference it made on mine.

Banned
    Ill be on the pit wall drinking tea, and chatting to the laaadies

lol.

iv only done 1 real track day and an open day at brunters..which was fun as we had the full cicuit to play on

with marks experience and the rallying etc i would hope he was a better driver than me lol.id probs end up in the first tree at the 1st real techy bit lol....too much speed will one day be my downfall.....but i can live with that...

until i get the brakes lol