Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Alright so maybe there's a bit more than cams, remap and breathing mods.... lol

In true Williamsclio fashion the following car can be classed as 'near standard'.

"yozzasport cams, inlet and exhaust manifold match, SMT6,

already had on the car, K+N ik kit, de-cat and stainless system"

And it's 200 + apparently....

Quote Originally Posted by King Stromba
    Quote Originally Posted by lagerlout1
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin.
    I'll bet my left bollock no-one can get a genuine 200 bhp from cams and re-map on a 182(F4R)! I do think you are right about it being a better base for tuning though...it does have a 20 bhp headstart though..lol
    Yozza has already done it. Although it may also have had breathing mods.
    200bhp is maybe possible with very wild cams, but GDI havnt cracked how to get the car to idle without stalling, so they phone around for advice. PSML.

Any ****er can put extremely wild cams in a car and claim 200BHP, but the car becomes undriveable as a result. Stalling at every junction? :D
    You can't.

Quote Originally Posted by gunnergibson
    The F4R is a superior engine. And responds just as well to cams etc as the F7 ( cams and remap can get you 200 HP on a 182).

A cammed F4R in mk1 shell v's a cammed F7 - Would be no contest imho.
    its been done
    What the conversion or the comparison? I know that french guy has put an F4R in his mk1 (and the dash!!).......

In true Williamsclio fashion the following car can be classed as 'near standard'.

Majority comes from the manifold work.

Put any can form anybody on a std lump and it doesnt do much unless you get very lucky with the manifold pairing from the factory.

172s...never really had any probs with em tbh.rhys' mk1 and paddys are about the quickest ones iv come across....non cup

cups......if they as quick as chris n nics , and rsport ecu'd etc, then a std willy will get beat, unless its an even freakier one than mine lol

182s..never really had a do with one....passed one at oulton a few times tho hehe

all above std willy, but when u start modding the willy it seemsto respond realy really well....dependant on mods and fitter.....and will pull away from all above with a few simple bolt on mods.....start gettin engine internal/head/cam work...then the real gap between the 2 starts to show, only a few 172/cup/182s have run the same kinda times down the strip as the willy/hybrid motors do, throw in a few corners.and i think the gap will increase

yea, the first 40-50bhp on a willy is much much easier than on the 172.

But if you do all the same mods the engines end up pretty much in the same place. THe 172 is just heavier so the mk1 clios will be faster.

J o n

I'd be very very confident that if I had the same work on my car it may well show as being 170-180bhp in comparison, but it will put the power down better and be a fair bit quicker. This bhp stuff is confusing, as 2 lives is pretty low from RR's for a 14 second dead 1/4 mile machine... surely it must be about 200bhp??? if not at LEAST 190ish?

well you wouldve thort so tbh...but i reckon 175 ish is about where its at at the min, maybe even a little less...btw this @ the fly figure lol

personally i only listen to the @wheels figures.....at the end of the day thats wots getting transmitted to the road......

and the last 3 r/r sessions have all been around the 140 @ the wheels mark..which is enough it seems lol

J o n
    i'm not arsed about any figures really, on the road is where it counts and there's no better way of telling how fast a Clio is that having a do against one

Banned
    Jesus ill have a do with you in Jills 172. It s a quick one.