Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Forum User

* * Dialogies Virtual Image * *

I'm sure we're all aware of the difficulties of installing dialogies so today i've created a solution to these woes - this basically involved installing it on a Windows XP "virtual image".

I'm currently putting the finsihing touches to the installation but once this is done i'd be willing to transfer the files to someone for hosting or, alternatively, would be willing to send copies out on a dvd for a nominal paypal fee to cover media/time.

FAQ below to see how this will benefit you;

Q. Whats the score with the virtual machine stuff?
    A. A virtual machine allows you to run one operating system within another...any applications installed on the image are contained within one file meaning they can be shared without requiring reinstallation.

Q. What will i need to do to run Dialogies with this?
    A. Install Microsoft Virtual PC (free) and then double-click the image file.

Q. Hang on...you're giving away an image based on Windows XP? What about legalities?
    A. Although the image is fully functional, you should have a proper licence to run XP therefore i will install the Windows Genuine Advantage component tol constantly remind you to buy and install a licence. Until this is done the image should be considered for evaluation only.

Q. How big is all this and will it need a good machine?
    A. I'm zipping it now but the uncompressed image is about 6 Gigabytes...you'll need that amount of space free plus a reasonable spec to run (256Mb with Pentium 3 or greater).

Any interest parties please post below

id be interested depending on price

Forum User
    Can you explain this in layman's terms?

think its just like having it as a read only file or like a pdf version so you can view everything but it doesnt have all the functional problems of being an actual running program. but thats just a stab in the dark lol

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Lunner
    Can you explain this in layman's terms?
    Sure,

you'll get a file that you'll double click on and you'll see a "mini" version of windows XP load that has dialogies already installed.

No more troublesome installations...just copy to future machines and run like any other file.

Forum User
    [quote="drsmith1979"]think its just like having it as a read only file or like a pdf version so you can view everything but it doesnt have all the functional problems of being an actual running program. but thats just a stab in the dark lol[/quote8

Kinda.

See my last post...it runs a copy of XP inside your current opereating system. None of you're machines actual settings are changed...its all internal to the image.

i run xp anyway so shouldnt be an issue, no security issues with virus's or hacking etc..?

Forum User
    Nope, none.

Its just like a emulator (word i was looking for above)...this link probably explains things a bit better > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Virtual_PC

Might be an idea to torrent it.

Good idea though, well done

One chuffty badge for you

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by FlamingMonkey
    Might be an idea to torrent it.

Good idea though, well done

One chuffty badge for you
    Good thinking!