Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    lovely jubbly will have a go at it when i get an extra pair of hands ;)

use the dipstick mate, ignore the dial in the car, when mine gets half way on the dipstick it only shows just under max on the dial, when its on max on the dipstick its a touch over max on the dial

yeah i cross referrenced the 2 to get an overall level... car feels alot smoother and the oil in the sump is a gorgeous goldy colour! got a great deal on my oil too! 20 litres! ;o)

just got the coolant flush to do then its all done for while!

although after reading that someone had water pump problems after a coolant flush im a little aprehensive!

My dial always shows different values at different temperatures. When the oil cold and is on the max on the dipstick the dial shows correct value but if it's warm the dial shows about 3/4. :(
    Always use the dipstick not the dial! When you are changing oil, first top the oil level on the dipstick (approx. 5.3l on F7R for the first run). Start the engine, let to circulate the oil for few minutes and stop the car. Check leake at the filter and the sump bolt. Top the oil level again on the dipstick ( approx. 0.2 l for the second run). The oil level difference is caused by the (empty) oil filter.
    "Whats the volume difference between the min and max on the dipstick" I guess it's approx. 1 litre on F7P and approx. 2.4 litre on F7R.