Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    kumho's are a great tyre, got them on my willy at the mo, superb and great price!

Forum User
    all depends on how you drive your car, will take a very spiritful driver to really out perform a tyre, so if your just needing a good all rounder then you will be ok....... i personally always go with toyo's but wouldn't hesitate to try yokohama at a decent price........

had toyo t-1s on the front and i didnt like them, wore too quickly and i were horrible in the wet... will try the T-1R next

Forum User
    don't think there is a good tyre for the wet, due to our great roads that seem to hold water, that and the bloody amount of rain we get....... :D

Forum User
    Best tyre i've found for the wet are the uniroyal rain sport.....ace, just not as good as they could be in the dry, and wear like fook

All depends what driving your doing, most of our motorclub members have now moved away from using Yoko's (think the best tyre they made was the A520 then they stopped making it :( ) and not a fan of the A539.

Most members currently run including myself Eagle F1's the only problem that we keep getting and I dont know whether many have experienced here; is soft side walls. If you hit anything rough or pothole (not huge ones and not partically fast) they seem to just blowout or bleb the sidewalls. Also if you hit any gravel or mud it makes it a little interesting.

Will still run F1's over summer, but for competeing on road rallys and winter going to try some colway road plus's :D

You can only put a set on and try them

ive found t-1s's to be pretty damn good in the wet compared to A539's and some other cheapo brands! give great feedback, but yeh wear out quickly and i will be trying out t-1r's soon on the front, i already have them on the back and they seem good

If my new job comes through then i will be getting pretty much any tire at cost price so will try a few, those falken fk512's?? are supposed to be good and will try some of the kumho range soon

Dave

i swear by eagle f1's, midge is runnning a set of parada 2's and is very happy with them. Yoko s-drive arnt very good , they came 9th in evos 07 tyre test ( only 10 entrys to give u an idea )

I wasn't expecting this much response so quickly, so thanks.

From the sounds of it the S Drive is poo and there is a reason the chap is offering them cheap.

Would it be fair to say that the Eagle F1s and Exalto Pilots are still the best bet when choosing a tyre and are most suited to the characteristics of a Williams, or are they just the most common choice on this forum?

Also does anyone use Bridgestone rubber?

Keep the comments coming!

eagle F1 all the way imo up to now. toyos (t1 r and s i have used) are very very good, but are pipped by the eagles for wet weather performance and all round ability. saying that i want some r888 semi slicks next!

but if cost and availability factors into it then i'd try the ones ur on about and see tbh. personally i dont skimp on tyres for the exact reason that ur unlikely to out perform a good tyre in road condistions, so take it out the race of limiting factors by buying best i can afford!