Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Valver vs vts

Valver vs vts

Whooped is ass. End of story

Forum User
    Vts's seem to be easy prey reading some posts but must say my mates 150bhp vts i wouldnt like to go against ! that things dig in like mad

i find it wierd that some people whoop vts' and others get cained by them. ive heard some ppl in valvers say theve got mudered by vts' and vice versa. also the same can be said about races between vts' and 172's (82's), races seem to go either way. i just dont understand this 1.
    well done though.

It was quick to be honest. Probably about the same but we were goin round corners as well as straights and i OWNED him lol. Im sure i was 3 wheeling at some point

ive never raced any vts's in the willy but when i do i will be sure to post up my results. although one thing about vts's is they are so easly tunable and can get so much out of them relativley cheaply. ive been in a vts with no mods and one with cams, chip, filter, manifold, exhaust and stripped out and that was v v fast, and the diff between the two was imense.
    sometimes i just find it odd of how much difference some people report on the two cars, when on paper the vts is quicker and much newer, i know that u may have gone down the lanes etc, but just the difference between almost identical cars can be quite stifling. another thing about vts's they are never fooking standard!

The vts and valver are about the same spec on paper arnt they?
    Im guessing the vts weighs less than the valver but im also guessing the valver might have more torque due to being a 1.8 and the vts a 1.6 as the williams has more due to being a 2.0. Im quite confident that on a straight i would off stuck to his ass. It was modded as well, subtle bodykit/lowered and private vts plate. Im guessing it may have engine mods.

valver 980 kgs vts is around 930 iirc

yea they are same spec on paper. just i seem to hear different tales everyday. i think that to 60 i would expect the vts to be a car length and a bit, although above 70ish i would expect the valver to pull back/away a bit. i just remember being in a 106 gti (i know not a vts but its really its twin) and to 70ish it was amazing really really quick although above 80 it seemed to hit a brick wall, whereas the valver pulls respectivley to higher speeds.
    what we need to do is to race skipy the kangaroo, he has a vts dont he.

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie_Williams3
    yea they are same spec on paper. just i seem to hear different tales everyday. i think that to 60 i would expect the vts to be a car length and a bit,
    Really. A valver is 7.7 to 60 on paper as is the vts. We all know that really the 0-60 is between 7.2ish to 7.7. That means that a car length and a bit could mean a vts is doin 60 in mid to late 6 secs. Its all down to driver and gear change speeds really. I would like to drive a vts to see for my self to be honest. Reckon it would be about the same

yer but valvers are 10yrs old at least now, and that wear and tear is going to take its toll IMO. i remember doing a few 0-60's in my mates old valver when he first got it and we couldnt get below 8secs. anyway i though the valver 0-60 time was 7.9 and williams was 7.7