Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

New toy in Feb....

Just thought I would post a pic of my new beast that I am getting in Feb.

Its a 94' Toyota Celica gt-four WRC edition so its a Homologation special like the Williams.

I still dont know what I am doing with my poorly hybrid but I am not going to break her thats for sure. I may keep it for track but if the new car costs too much to run I will fix it and sell it on..... it has been with me for TEN years so it is time I suppose!

very nice , i do like the celicas

Oooh. Toyota. Nice :D

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz.
    From experience a 185bhp hybrid is quicker 30-110mph but they are a nice standard toy for sure. Enjoy the grip!

Quote Originally Posted by cliolord
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz.
    From experience a 185bhp hybrid is quicker 30-110mph but they are a nice standard toy for sure. Enjoy the grip!
    Ya but turbo cars like this are so easy to tune.

I've driven the 2.0 GT version and it's fairly swift but the extra weight makes its 150bhp not particularly exciting.

Steering feel is a bit lacking I found :( but a great cruiser at 1.10 leptons ;) and they don't rattle! LoL

I can't get comfy though - I'm too tall for them so can't sit up as straight as I like without ruining my hair! LOL

Will look forward to you getting it tuned

I have heard about the steering feel but we shall see. All the people that I know that own them utterly love the drive, I have driven a 185 version and really liked it but found it too slow and my hybrid was more raw.
    It is so much easier to put the power down in these things, my friends one with the same spec as mine wipes out pretty much everything, albeit with a trick clutch.
    With regard to the tuning, mine has a downpipe, boost controller and a dump valve and gets circa 300bhp with these mods alone making it a definite sub 5 seconds 0-60 car. Evo magazine has the standard uk model with 239bhp listed as 0-60 in 5.2 seconds......[/quote]

sorry, dont know why the quote thing appeared!

Forum User
    My mate at work has one- they did two power versions- his being the 255bhp one and it goes fairly well.

In fact he was with me last time i went to pod he ran against jay and it was pretty much even all the way, ran a low 14 iirc- Not bad for a fully loaded heavy car with aircon comforts! Cant decide whether i like the shape of them or not- think i prefer the 96 facelift bumper and lower than standard