Afternoon all (no, it's not Rob)

Afternoon all!

It's Mick from RSC - Apparently Rob Barrington has been up to his usual tricks so I thought I'd pop on over to see exactly what he's been getting up to in my name.

As some of you know I don't own a Williams but I do own a phase 3 Mk1 Clio that's about to get a C1J injection and i'm midway thru restoring an ex-BTCC 19 which has seriously drained my bank account however my Group A Ohlins and uprights have landed now so I'm hoping it'll be joing some of you on RS trackdays soon.

Anyway, that's me

Mink

PS: Northy, did you get the email I sent you a while back thru the site about an event cos I never got a reply from you?

Hi Rob, woops i mean mick.

No mate - not seen a email. can u resend it ? Hope it wasnt important.

Saw your progress of the Harveys R19 in Practical performance car, did u fit that lovely rear end on yet ? Not seen no pictures since you bought the shell from ebay.

TBH I've not really put up that many pictures of it as I try to spend all my garage time putting it together rather than taking pictures but there are a few that i've taken for the build log since it arrived as a bare shell on the back of a trailer:

The tubular rear end is in storage at the minute. It will eventually be going on but not until i've got a type approval certificate in my mits as I'm hoping to SVA it so center lock spindles aren't an option until afterwards.

Forum User
    holy shit that is amazing! What are the modifications on this dude? Loving the colour

Forum User
    Hi Mick- was the ph2 19 sold in the end? Last time i was on rsc you were using the powerplant from it for the touring car? Should be a beast when done, really need to get back over there but dont use the net as much recently.

I remember going on that peaks run last year to the ladybower- was a good day that and very friendly too- thats how i knew HE wasnt you

Forum User
    hello and welcome mick

Dave - Unfortunatly we didn't sell it and went the "Break it up" route instead. I really miss that car to but we had to face facts and that was it was worth more in bits than it was as a car so it went from this:

to this:

As for the mods on the Tourer CL where do I start... fully seam welded, FIA approved Matter F1 cage fully X-braced, Carbon Fibre everywhere, suspension points adjustable within a sphere of original positions, full lifeline fire safety system, Air Jacks, full Goodridge braided fuel and brake lines, XTrac Grp-A Front coilovers wit hsolid topmounts and remote resevoir dampers, Son to be Ohlin rear coilovers with remote damper resi's.

Next on my list is a decent size fuel cell, a remote power unit and a PI/Magneti-Marelli datalogger and display setup. The data logging isn't really needed but the dash diplay is ;)

Forum User
    hello cheif!