Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

hi new williams owner

Thought id registered ages ago but realised id just been reading the posts, anyway.

im Doug from Halifax which is near leeds, im 21 and been driving for 3 years.

Im the new (stupidly happy) owner of ill moves (matt's) Williams 2.
    went and picked it up last Sunday, great guy and almost mint condition Williams, not to mention his brand spanking liquid yellow 197 f1!!

anyway drove it home on the day insurance nice and steady and put it away until my insurance renewal on the first of January (dont wanna lose these 11 months noclaims)

cant wait to get it on the road :D

heres what ive owned in the past

clio that i crashed into a wall on a country lane ( both drivers were at fault so left it with my 2 yrs no claims intact) i started to fix it up and realised the floor had been pushed up behind the drivers seat and the chassis was twisted!!

replaced it with this polo coupe 1 elderly owner 35k fsh, its still got the stickers on the rocker cover!! shame its the 1l 4speed and not the g40 lol

anyway this is my new williams....

plans are to raise the rear an inch or so, because the steering is too light i think due to it being too low at the back. fit the decat as its mot time and its too loud anyway! get them bump strips like new again and get the rust thats on the back arches sorted. apart from that its perfect!

and i learnt from the old clio that if you crash it costs A LOT! and its just not worth it. so im gonna treat the williams with respect and properly look after it!

Cheers, Doug

Forum User
    welcome nice cars :D

nice to see a williams without gold wheels. enjoy it mate - i know matt did

yeah i was in two minds about them, one side of me tells me id like it original looking. Yet the other says bollox to it, theres that many all looking the same. the white wheels kinda makes it look real nice and kinda track slaggish, i love em

i know theres a lot of Williams snobs out there but its not like its got Lexus lights with gold bump strips is it!

well as much as i like nothing better than a std williams, dont see any harm in doing what you like to them. and lets face it, the wheels are the thing that perhaps what makes the williams so individual, so thats probably the start if you wanted to make yours your own.
    In a sense im annoyed so many people keep their std, because keeping mine std isnt so special anymore :S !!!

lol in any case, enjoy williams ownership, look after it, take it steady and welcome to the club. there was a thing about how good the rtoc is compared to this site, and whilst i stand by rtoc being miles bigger with more going on, williams.co.uk is by far and away filled with more decent folk who will happily help you out whenever they can, top site this un'.

oh ive forgot to mention i spent 2 months refubing the willy alloys on the RT and polishing that lip, they were wrapped in brand new proxes all round, and i crashed it 2 weeks after having them on! the one at the back looked like it'd had a giant can opener to it. i was absolutely gutted.
    ive got 2 straight ones tho so gonna paint one white and swap it for the spare

Forum User
    hello and welcome..

hello and welcome

I like my standard willys but I read with interest the transformation of this one and I think it deserves to be as it is!

Black wheels for me though

hey there, welcome, nice green one even better M5, least the willy's got a proper gearbox