Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Forum User

Williams replica

I havent started driving yet but i have booked my test for febuary. I have always had a love for mk1 clio since i was a kid and in the past couple of years i have really wanted a williams replica. I would like to do it myself but i dont really have the time and money. Can anyone help me out?

Re: Williams replica

Quote Originally Posted by jon_clio
    I havent started driving yet but i have booked my test for febuary. I have always had a love for mk1 clio since i was a kid and in the past couple of years i have really wanted a williams replica. I would like to do it myself but i dont really have the time and money. Can anyone help me out?
    What sort of help do you need? You could, in theory, make a replica quite easily (apart from a few bits). Or you could do what I do and just make one out of cardboard, colour it in with crayon, and drive it round my house pushing it along with my feet, with my gold socks on making tyre screeching noises.

Meep Meep! Outta my way!!

Sorry, it's late, I'm tired...

what are you after a valver or just summit like an rt.

i do what wobba does, but i pretend to race my mum at the lights in the kitchen. When iiiiii 'were a lad' I really wanted a clio williams, or a renault 5 gt turbo. I have since owned both. My first car was a nova sr however. (dont knock till you've tried, theyre better than you think.) Annnyway, in terms of a first car, I think the clio RT 1.4 is ace. I actually looked at one of these for my first car. If I remember the bhp is pretty high, especially for the insurance group (5 i think?). plus u can get fog lights, and eleccy windows i beleive, etc. Plus theyre cheap as chips. So for doing up a replica im sure the fellas on here would agree (if u must) an rt is a decent standard model to work from. plus itll be fun for you to drive and insurable.
    As a final piece of advice, dont spend too much on your first car unless you can really afford to, you will probably pang it here n there, n scrape a bumper or two. Besides, 3 years down the line after sitting in novas and lil pugs, I bought a mint std r5 turbo raider, whilst my mates were still sitting in their 1.2 corsa's wishing they hadnt spent £5k on bodykits and neons. good luck! the guys on here are excellent for assistance[/list]

oh, and besides...i think rt's are quite charming in their own lil way without being modified...

Re: Williams replica

Quote Originally Posted by jon_clio
    its been done before! there was an RT that was made into a williams replica. think RICH is the man to ask.
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Forum User
    that was my original idea but its hard to find an RT in blue that aint automatic :( . If i cant get a bang on replica like with the alloys n that i may just go for a black RT with reggie 5 or meganne phase 2 alloys

just have to see wat happens i spose :/

Quote Originally Posted by titcharoony
    i do what wobba does, but i pretend to race my mum at the lights in the kitchen. When iiiiii 'were a lad' I really wanted a Williams clio, or a renault 5 gt turbo. I have since owned both. My first car was a nova sr however. (dont knock till you've tried, theyre better than you think.) Annnyway, in terms of a first car, I think the clio RT 1.4 is ace. I actually looked at one of these for my first car. If I remember the bhp is pretty high, especially for the insurance group (5 i think?). plus u can get fog lights, and eleccy windows i beleive, etc. Plus theyre cheap as chips. So for doing up a replica im sure the fellas on here would agree (if u must) an rt is a decent standard model to work from. plus itll be fun for you to drive and insurable.
    As a final piece of advice, dont spend too much on your first car unless you can really afford to, you will probably pang it here n there, n scrape a bumper or two. Besides, 3 years down the line after sitting in novas and lil pugs, I bought a mint std r5 turbo raider, whilst my mates were still sitting in their 1.2 corsa's wishing they hadnt spent £5k on bodykits and neons. good luck! the guys on here are excellent for assistance[/list]
    lol :P I KNEW I wasn't the only one. I actually did do this at work the other day for a laugh with a spare box :D

As for a real replica and RT's, I had a 3 door immaculate 1.4 RT back in '94. Was a great car, and it had all the nice electrical goodies too. A really nice motor if you didn't go the 16v/RSi route was the Bacarra...but I think thats not an optin here? With the RT, I think it was a simple motor, using an automatic choke rather than fuel injection, but was still very pokey and fun to drive. Stepping out of that and into the 16v I bought around the same time was a revelation though

Get a runabout for now, get your no claims up, drive carefully and learn the ways of the force, then go get a faster car later. You'll pat yourself on the back at doing the right thing later on.

My first owned car was the valver but I had full use of my mums RT for years

I gave it a right pasting - thrashed from cold daily and it never missed a beat - well until it bent a valver

After it came back it was even faster - like stated its bloody quick for a 1.4 - even better when you start taking bits out of it.

Could NOT believe how hard it was to park after I got the valver as it didn't have power steering - great feedback though

yeah get an RT, ive recommended them to so many people. 75bhp standard, good on fuel ins grp 5, and with some decent driving can be quite a surprise for some cars, they also handle well when dropped with some alloys. leccy windows, comfy seats, loads of parts available. the list goes on my mates couldnt get insured on anything but a 1.2 for decent money but i got the RT insured for 950ish quid which isnt bad!