Thread: uprated clutch

uprated clutch

i am running a paddle clutch on my williams turbo which i got through the group buy. but i have purchased a brand new williams standard friction plate and release bearing.

basically i want to know what is uprated about an uprated gt turbo clutch. is it the friction plate, clutch plate or release bearing.

i am looking at putting my engine back in my car today but am not sure if my standard friction plate,release bearing and helix paddle clutch are a suitable combination?

lewis

Forum User
    Think friction plate is uprated too, sure its a bit stiffer, will need an uprated item to hold clutch onto plate, there is another post about this posted only today iirc

Just wack it in dude, otherwise you'll be looking at buying uprated ruddy flywheel etc etc. The friction material on the paddle clutch will wear long before the friction plate. The release bearings the same on them all.

Mines just the standard 1. The paddle clutch just snaps on and off, there'll be barely any slippage anyway! Glad i've done the soft pedal conversion on mine!

Paul

ye i asked it in coops thread but i thought id start a seperate 1 as i need an answer asap.

spoke to k-tec and he said the friction plate is uprated aswell.

i really dont know what to do however if it does start slipping i could always just replace it as it can be done without removing the g.box cant it?

Forum User
    no it can,t. answered on the other thread. has a stronger sprung cover and increases clamping pressure. i would buy a cover now as the clutch is only 60 complete..

sourced a friction plate from my m8s 16valver, we changed the box and found it yesterday, only done 500miles bonus.

i meant changin the friction plate can be done just by moving the box over not completely takin it out.

Forum User
    the pressure plate is stronger, its noticable when trying to press the clutch in!