Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    yeah they come up reasonably cheap compared to a gtr in r34, aye its heavy! Have some pics of it :

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie_Williams3
    Quote Originally Posted by seanofnp
    300bhp sti classic pulled 2 lengths upto 100 on me mainly due to traction!
    Something is just not adding up there.
    That's one quick Clio you've got there Sean. I've just dug out my data logger downloads from a couple of years back when I was competing the cars in sprints and hillclimbs... From a standing start, by the time my Clio hits 60mph my slower STI is apparently 140 feet up the road and doing 80 mph!

J o n
    tbh you would need a lot of power, about 230bhp/ton just to keep up with one, and that's just the STI, 300bhp Scoobs are rapid. transmission losses would keep you ahead maybe at lower speeds if you had that power to weight, then the outright power and torque would leave you over 110-120. My mates 280bhp Scoob will do 170+ and get there without too much of a struggle.

i doubt many people can play with an STI and have any success, however, WRX's aren't that fast in all fairness, irrespective of their bhp, power to weight ratio. I had a rolling start race with a WRX, i was 1 car length up when we started, i pulled 5-7 car lengths over a 1.5 mile straight and he was ragging it. this was upto an indicated 120mph.... private road obviously. towards the end he stopped me pulling away and got back half a length as his top end kicked in.

A moderately tuned willy is more than a match for a standard-ish WRX, my moderately tuned evo would cain STi's, and WRX's were like metro's in comparison.

The WRX in question is standard and in good condition, it was on a straight so there were no issues about driving around bends etc.... i know the car and its a good example.

I'm running gunnerchip, uprated ht leads, mongoose full exhaust and decat, full serviced items, rotor arm, dizzy etc.. and lowered suspension with rebuilt box.