Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Valver shell or whole car

Hi,

Im on a quest to find a shell to put my engine in as unfortunatly mine is rotten underneath and ive battled for 4yrs to keep her alive but the time has come to say goodbye as MOT is feb and there is no way its going to pass, without new sills both sides and welding to the floor (pricey!)

Ideally i want a phase 1 shell in perfect condition but that isnt going to happen so im going to upgrade to a phase 2 in naples or black. I would like a rolling shell or a valver with mechanical faults. bodywork doesnt have to be perfect but must have no rust. i know its a lot to ask but hopefully il find one by feb!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I have a complete PH1 shell with very good bodywork..minimal rust and both arch's have been replaced with new weld in pieces.

However paintwork is shocking and will need a re-spray if it isnt going to be used for track days.

Yours for £500 (which is what is cost me to get the arch's replaced) :D

Forum User
    I just kept my eyes opne on ebay, got a low mileage valver for £450 with a few minor problems, swapped all the good bits over and kept any spares i might have needed off the old car, sold on the desirable bits and scrapped the rest, how ever this one has a bit of rust, has a couple of holes under the passenger seat......need to strip all the underside downa nd treat the rust it and waxol it

Quote Originally Posted by Hit Man
    I have a complete PH1 shell with very good bodywork..minimal rust and both arch's have been replaced with new weld in pieces.

However paintwork is shocking and will need a re-spray if it isnt going to be used for track days.

Yours for £500 (which is what is cost me to get the arch's replaced) :D
    thanks for the offer at least there are some out there, but all the garages round here want about £1500 for a respray and i dont have 2k to spend on a shell i know it would be mint but im hoping to get a decent valver for about 1k a bit of rust is ok as long as the sills are intact and pieces of clio dont fall off when you jack it up!

Forum User
    Speak to Matbrown and Winston, let em both know you're interested in a rust free valver shell, also keep you eyes open on ebay, add a favourite search for any valvers on there, you'll get en email with any new ones, and just keep looking

cheers lunner i am looking believe me but unfortunatly i only want a black one or a naples so it makes my search more difficult but im willing to pay the right money for the right shell and yes i know im picky!!!

No worries Clio-Girl, let me know if you change your mind

Oh and just for your info, a good re-spray round this way is approx £1k, granted an excellent re-spray is still £2k+

Good luck with your search

Forum User
    Where are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Hit Man
    No worries Clio-Girl, let me know if you change your mind

Oh and just for your info, a good re-spray round this way is approx £1k, granted an excellent re-spray is still £2k+

Good luck with your search
    just out of interest what colour is the valver? and where are you from?

I have a black one available.

Mat.