Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Yes, I saw that pic but the numbers aren't too clear. I can see that my number definitely looks to be different. Mine has 7700 805 120 cast on it.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by stevie_b
    Yes, I saw that pic but the numbers aren't too clear. I can see that my number definitely looks to be different. Mine has 7700 805 120 cast on it.
    thats the same part number as mine and i had a quick look, the bush measures 25mm and the gap in the dogbone is pretty much 25mm too, not pressed it out yet, but will do sometime this week at work!

Cheers Richy, that's a good start - please let me know how you get on. I can believe that I have measured the dogbone incorrect by a mm or two but I still feel that my bushes have too much 'meat' on them for my dogone.

the part number i have for the dogbone is 7700 849 715 although this number could be what your part number supercedes to

Hopefully this picture illustrates my problem:

i dropped into my local garage and asked him to attempt to fit...

said there might be a problem, and to bail out if so.

no problems whatsoever. (standard willy 3).

gearstick sits firmly with no forward motion.

many thanks to northy for sorting this.

Mmm i see your problem. When the dogbone is fitted to the car does it wobble from side to side ?

it does look differant to mine though.

Yours has a differant design at the end (ribs)

Williams and valver dogbones are the same - did you find out your part number ?

Quote Originally Posted by northy
    Mmm i see your problem. When the dogbone is fitted to the car does it wobble from side to side ?
    Don't have anything to fit it to at the moment. The F7R is away being worked on and there is no subframe in the car either, so not a lot to test it with! However, due to the extra material inside the bush I can't get them both into the dogbone at the same time anyway, so if I then bolted that to the car only one side of the bush would be in place, which I'm sure would cause problems.

Yes, it does look visually different to yours. I believe the part number might be the number I found stamped on it given above, which was 7700 805 120? I wonder whether all valver/Williams dogbones are the same, or whether some valver ones are different?

i will get the part number of 0171's tonight mate

Quote Originally Posted by stevie_b
    Don't have anything to fit it to at the moment. The F7R is away being worked on and there is no subframe in the car either, so not a lot to test it with! However, due to the extra material inside the bush I can't get them both into the dogbone at the same time anyway, so if I then bolted that to the car only one side of the bush would be in place, which I'm sure would cause problems.

Yes, it does look visually different to yours. I believe the part number might be the number I found stamped on it given above, which was 7700 805 120? I wonder whether all valver/Williams dogbones are the same, or whether some valver ones are different?
    right ive had a look on dialogys and the part number you have comes up as a rsi dogbone mount which seems to be different to a willy/valver one , the part number for a williams/valver dogbone is 77 00 849 715