Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ford Ownage!

Ford Ownage!

All took part on private roads obviously.
    First up was a Focus ST170, came off the island and up a hill onto a dual carriageway. Spanked off the limiter in 2nd but once i got 3rd i pulled on him fairly comfortably all the way up to 110. Came off the slip road and he pulled up alongside me, flashed an awkward smile and we went our separate ways :D
    Next up was a new shape fiesta Zetec S. I passed him going round a sweeping bend on a dual carriageway and he didnt like it so he pulled out behind me and got rather close to my bumper at 60/70 so i left it in 5th and planted it and was quite surprised at how quickly he fell behind. Not content with this, he continued to sit on my bumper after i'd exited the carriage way and gone round an island. So we went over a roundabout and came to a twisty section of road consisting of a sharp right followed by a bridge and then an S-Bend leading to a steep hill. Anyway, by the time i had got to the S-Bend, he was still the other side of the bridge. By the time i had got to the top of the hill i decided enough was enough and dropped anchor. Sure enough he came flying up the hill a little while later and proceeded to sit on my bumper for the majority of my journey home. Why people do this i dont know! Really does my head in! Mate i've pulled your pants down, now stop harassing me!

Anyway, that was that. The Zetec S was a let down as my mate had the previous shape one and that felt quite nippy (sold it before i brought the willy so we never compared). The ST170 was pretty much what i expected from the stories i've heard

anyone had a go with a fiesta ST...heard ford are giving them power upgrades , for a hefty price of course.

New ST is PANTS...

I'm hoping the new power upgrade gives them something to play with - its a decent chassis and I like the way it looks but its sooo warm.

Stick a turbo in it and we could have some fun!

Forum User
    ST170s are slow (from gearing i've heard).

My old 16v wasted one...i'd expect a good RSI could do the same TBH...

they are offering upto 180bhp upgrade for 2k... will still only be warm, as said stick a turbo in there and they would be nice :D

police driver I spoke to two days ago, said in the 15 years hes been an area driver, his favourite car is the new focus st. weird eh? Better than the volvos, beemers, cossies. apparently the only thing he said that wud touch it when ur gunning it might be a scooby.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by u33db
    ST170s are slow (from gearing i've heard).

My old 16v wasted one...i'd expect a good RSI could do the same TBH...
    How right you are, my st is slow and my 16v is faster, hopefully when its a hybrid, it'll piss all over it.

I can vouch for ST170's bein poo, battered 1 in my pretty much standard powered valver not long ago :D

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by titcharoony
    police driver I spoke to two days ago, said in the 15 years hes been an area driver, his favourite car is the new focus st. weird eh? Better than the volvos, beemers, cossies. apparently the only thing he said that wud touch it when ur gunning it might be a scooby.
    i stuck with an st upto a ton, then had to anchor on much to the suprise of the st driver, the focus rs i had a do with was definatley quicker, he was 3 up and it was neck and neck, probably tuned mind

ST170 and new fiesta ST are both slow as hell, not worth bothering with IMO