Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: f7p chipping

* Uncle Schakal * knitted by nanas since 1995 , now available with added GSOH

f7p chipping

anyone on here used them "super chips " on the standard
    valver engine before ??
    whats the conclusion on these ,yay or gahey ???

Forum User
    i tested a few chips on my old valvers (powerchps, super chips and another 1) but i found that non of them was anygood. tbh yeah they rev high! but infact it makes over all time i got at pod slower. standard limiter, good ss exhaust and decat with decent airintake good sevice is best thing u can do to a valver,

most gave a revlimit of 7800 which was STUPID IMO!!!! lol

the best run i got was with tu the chip with standard lmiter and good serviced engine

Forum User
    Check with gunner what chips he has, you might find some are very similar to the above

* Uncle Schakal * knitted by nanas since 1995 , now available with added GSOH
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.AdamB
    i tested a few chips on my old valvers (powerchps, super chips and another 1) but i found that non of them was anygood. tbh yeah they rev high! but infact it makes over all time i got at pod slower. standard limiter, good ss exhaust and decat with decent airintake good sevice is best thing u can do to a valver,

most gave a revlimit of 7800 which was STUPID IMO!!!! lol

the best run i got was with tu the chip with standard lmiter and good serviced engine
    well if all they do is to raise the rev limiter thats no good
    in fact i would think ,a chip of that sort would feck up
    the engine in no time

i was looking for something that would actually
    improve the pull in the low rev range (below 3.5/4k )

lunner : dont think gunner does chips for f7p s mate ??

Forum User
    tbh i dotn thnk any 1.8 16v chip will work lol.

+ dotn see he point unless u have cams and headwork. wotn rly make a difference to a std engine unless u get it remapped properly but even then it wont be much.

i had a clio coupe chip as seen on ebay, and the difference was impressive tbh, gave a similar gain to my gunnerchip did on my f7r, nice high rev limit and smoother but my old red valver had a freak of a 1.8 anyway, cammed etc and drank no oil whatsoever

Dave

Forum User
    HI i have a "clio cup" chip in my 1.8 valver with a 8000rpm limiter with a very sound motor it pulls to that allday everyday and has done for a yr now.i also have a williams 2.0l f7r in a trackcar with a "superchip"chip with a 7,220 limiter i find it hits the limiter to quick,essp around the track i had my 1.8 around rockingham on a set of slicks in which i overtook my work mate in a 3.2 911!!!as i found it amazing of how it pulled me out of corners in second gear and still had rpm left and not cornring on the limiter @7200 and changing to 3rd and not having the rpm there to pull it out of a corner!

Forum User
    I got a chip off ebay £40 and thought it was a complete waste of money for my Valver. Didn't run as well and couldn't feel any difference. In the end I put the standard ECU back in. My advice don't waste ur money.

Forum User
    ive never found a chip that actually made and difference to my valvers it was better with out the chip!! ive used 3 types of chip also.

unless u got cams etc then there is no point IMO!

Forum User
    the chip i got off Mr.AdamB was a powerchips, didnt notice any particular increase in power but no loss noted, it revs to 7500/7800 depending temps etc

the big thing i noticed was on track being able to hold on a touch longer in certain corners etc, esp at donington as i did that without the chip then 2 week later with the chip