Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    I would be interested to hear prices. Tbh I don't think I could afford it, but I would be interested to see how much it would cost and could maybe push my budget at the right price.

arnt GDI expensive though? would it be cheaper to just go to Stan even after discount?

thatt would only be possible to make a statement on once prices are discussed and finalised tbh.

how much for just the rad??

lol

i want be me no affording

J o n
    I'll have a price in the week as this is basically going to be offered exclusively to WC members only and at a discount rate.

what people need to consider is that this is a no compromise kit, so while Stan may be cheaper (dont know as I haven't got a final price yet lol) you cant really directly compare the two when they will be using different parts. Things like ECU's, rads for example. The warrenty is also a big plus point, as the size that GDI are now at and with the experience they have they are extremely confident in the product... hell, 2 live has driven mine and it survived

Oh, you'll also be given a car to run about in whilst the work is done, so while the turnaround will be pretty quick it will also be without inconvenience.

There's going to be 2 basic options too, as Andy knows a lot of people on here are pretty capable when it comes to doing things themselves, so "Option 1" comprises of a fully fitted kit, drive in drive out service with 1 year warranty and option 2 is basically the same but you fit it yourself. I'd imagine a base map will be provided to run the car back for a mapping session at Omex with Andy and Richard (aka Mr Omex).

Try not to look at this from a "can I afford it" perspective, look at it from a "can I afford NOT to get it" ;) lol

2 live - yeah, custom rad is no problem, he's going to get you a price when he's back in work mate.

Would u have to remove the cross member in order to fit the custom rad...or is it just a smaller direct replacement?

Forum User
    there usually a shorter rad to allow the bodies to clear

Forum User
    btw looks a good deal, although i cant afford any t/b's yet, need the money for a house!

one thing jon is omitting tho.

running costs. you could well afford the conversion....but could you afford to run it the same as you do now. depends on the depth and fullness of your pockets ;)

Quote Originally Posted by 2 live
    one thing jon is omitting tho.

running costs. you could well afford the conversion....but could you afford to run it the same as you do now. depends on the depth and fullness of your pockets ;)
    Does the MPG change dramatically then? I spend enough on petrol a week as it is!