Best Bleed Valve/Boost Controller

after a cheap (compared to electronic one) mechanical boost controller

best place to go? any do's and don'ts i should know about in terms of build quailty etc etc?

oh and is it screw in or out for more boost?

Cheers

Coops

screw out for more boost :D

ive bought 1 from ebay, http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=250163442603

pretty basic and looks pretty big, it is infact really small. which i dont like. theres loads on the bay tho

lewis

all much of a muchness mate to be honest. although boost controlling is overrated. Id just up boost on actuator arm, set a safe level. If u dont want as much boost, just dont floor it as much, simple. plus it doesnt does u anything and u dont have to cut any pipes

cant set current actuator high enough, so Vince at CR turbos recommended i got a bleed valve to safely boost the turbo to the required PSi.

oh and u try lifting off before full boost when the bmw beside u thinks he's going to have you

ian at europarts always told me to steer clear of bleed valves if pos, but if u wanna up the boost then bleed valve is perhaps the cheapest and best way to go. when u set it, just turn it s few turns at a time until its where u want it. well worth finding a straight road to gun it down, test, pull over, adjust, gun, tst, readjust,,,

Cut the arm down if you havn't got the adjustability, bleed valves can go wrong and pipes can come off, keep it simple

as said, the actuator i have can be adjusted to the right PSI but Vince at CR turbos who built and provided me with the turbo and actuator recommended i dont use the actuator to hold boost over 14psi as its not going to stand upto it for long, he says the best way is to use a bleed valve. the risk of pipes coming off is no different than any other part of the turbo system, if my dump valve one comes off am lookin at turbo stall n a ****ed turbo neway so i'll risk the valve! :P

hmm worst case scenario is ur actuator wud go as far sa i can see it. up to u tho mate. in regards to ur prob. any old bleed valve will do, i got mine for £10 and it did the job just fine.

I have one that tells you how many turns you've done, also to 1/10th of a turn.

The more turns the better, gives you better controlability and stops you from blowing the damn engine up!

Paul