Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

gsf uprated clutch

right my clutch is on its way out sharpish and i need a replacement, its not slipping but is hard to get in gear and if i floor it i really have to push it into the next gear :( also some mad noises coming from inside the box/clutch area so im thinking its popped a spring and the noise is that bouncing aroud inside the clutch had a look on gsf site and they list 2 uprated clutchs for the r5gt, one sach and some other heavy duty one. which one do i get? planning on doing this the weekend depending on weather and if midge/bass want to help

Forum User
    sach have a good reputation

Read the last post >>>> http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/...ic.php?t=21942

thats more than likely the problem...

I have got a R5GTT Uprated Clutch from GSF, working a treat with the soft pedal conversion...

Forum User
    I'm running an uprated R5GTT clutchm takes a little getting used to to start with

iv been running an uprated 5gtt clutch in 0159 for over 2 years now, definately takes some getting used to, but well worth it.

i run a helix organic in 0051.

both have the same kind of bite feel to it, but the gtt clutch seems to want to just throw your foot off ithe pedal perfect for the drag strip, tiresome in heavy traffic.

would recommend either tbh. altho the helix was £300+ compared to the cheaper valeo gtt unit.

Quote Originally Posted by 2 live
    iv been running an uprated 5gtt clutch in 0159 for over 2 years now, definately takes some getting used to, but well worth it.

i run a helix organic in 0051.

both have the same kind of bite feel to it, but the gtt clutch seems to want to just throw your foot off ithe pedal perfect for the drag strip, tiresome in heavy traffic.

would recommend either tbh. altho the helix was £300+ compared to the cheaper valeo gtt unit.
    I have done the soft pedal clutch conversion on mine with the R5GTT clutch,

i have to say, its brilliant, really really light, i have no problems at all, not even when i am in traffic,

Forum User
    Girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Lunner
    Girl!

2nd ed ;)

Forum User

Re: gsf uprated clutch

Quote Originally Posted by jay s
    right my clutch is on its way out sharpish and i need a replacement, its not slipping but is hard to get in gear and if i floor it i really have to push it into the next gear :( also some mad noises coming from inside the box/clutch area so im thinking its popped a spring and the noise is that bouncing aroud inside the clutch had a look on gsf site and they list 2 uprated clutchs for the r5gt, one sach and some other heavy duty one. which one do i get? planning on doing this the weekend depending on weather and if midge/bass want to help
    ive just bought the new model uprated clutch, its a valeo unit which comes in a green box, its fitted (fits perfect btw) but the engine/box isnt in the car just yet!