Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

dont think my rear washer jet is working.any tips?

dont think my rear washer jet is working at all, if i recall on my old 205 there was a seperate smaller washbottle tank in the rear where the water came from, does the williams just feed from the big'gin at the front? any tips on how to get it workin again, or thing to check? the wiper itself works fine

Yes, the reservoir is the same, all at the front.

I don't know if there is a seperate pump for front and rear though, might be worht checking (do front jets work?).

Matthew

yup the front jets work fine. might be just pump has gone......ahhhh blast and darn it.

They are not expensive so don't worry

Matthew

when you try to use the rear washer does it make a sound from the front of the bonnet?
    if it does the pipe could just be clogged. This usually happens when the mesh in the screenwash filler nozzle has gone and gunk gets in.
    If the nozzle is blocked somewhere its usually the non return valve under the plastic pannels near the passenger seat belt carriageway.
    Easy fix mate.

well when you press the jet on, do you get the buzzing, if not probably the pump, if you do then its probably blocked

If the pump is not buzzing when you put the rear wash on then before you go out and buy a new pump either stick a 12v battery across the terminals on the pump or switch the connections so that the front washer connections go to that pump and try it again. It might just be that the switch or wiring is at fault and you won't need a new pump.

Whatever you do non gen pumps suck plums - try swapping the front pump for the rear for a start see if it is indeed the pump.

If you fill the res to the top and park facing up does the water leak out of the jet even though its not working properly?

in hospital at minute guys so ill try all that when im out...cheers for all advice though, Ill try it asap

back to this...i forgot to check all the things you asked. right. The front jets work fine, and when i press for rear jet, i do get a healthy buzzing sound from the front of the car, (similar to front jet pump noise). So the pump seems to be working. Did someone mention sumthing about the pipes simply being clogged?