Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sunroof removal

Forum User

sunroof removal

well removed the sunroof but wanted it to look neater than just a plate and to look standard ish

Forum User
    i think my plate looks neeter than that imo.but its a easyer way or savign weight i guess. but plastic melts way i se it if u rill it at speed and it slides culd melt the plastic prettyquickly?

not seen anyone do it like that tho. nice 1

Forum User
    take your point but we use this plastic at work and it would take alot to break it or burn through it, 5mm thick..........its good to be different.... will give you a report if i end up rolling it.....

Forum User
    lol

Forum User
    hehe. but thats deffo the easyesy way to i think.

but it ddoes look like its just a leeky sunroof thats been bodged from otuside if u get way i mean
    why dont u spray or tint the plastic so its not to obv?

any more pics of the car inside etc? weight etc?

Forum User
    yeah know what you mean......... other pics in this section of interior.......... not really sure about weight, looking for somewher in the 800's, lower the better............got 55bhp of nos to go on soon and cams then maybe bigger jets at somepoint......

Forum User
    mine is just under 860kg atm want another 30kg out of it. but still need to get perspex (about 6kg only rears), lighten the bumpers 5 - 8ish kg), putting a megane f7r manifold on (saves about 10kg over the valver manifold!!!) lighter better brakes and lighter wheels

startign to cost lots of money to save weight at this stage!!. once im at 830 i can put it the cage (only having rear and diagonal doorbars) about 20kg)

cams and nos... will be rapid with nos i toyed with the idea but i will blatently blow it up.

Forum User
    yeah kind of run out of ideas to save weight, still need to do my windows........bumpers done but there pretty light as standard.....

should be good with nos, well on the straight anyway......nos is pretty safe if not abused.............think 100bhp nozzles would be a giggle.....

Forum User
    tbh im not sure what mine weighs, ive fully stripped it inc all floor tar and ditched the sunroof in favour of a plate, only thing i left is dash as i want this, also mine is fully caged (27kg) gotta sort perspex windows and ditch front regs, tailgate is fully stripped except lock, ive even stripped the rear car loom down so its just the lights/lock and fuel pump wires!

Forum User
    it is tricky once your at that stage, going to remove all wires that ain't needed and maybe remove passenger side of the dash but really want it all to stay.....