Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    thats a gutter mate doesnt look like a wrirte off tho, get someone else to quote lol

and if the worst really does come can I have dibs on the manifold heat shild please?

if they do write it off, dont take their first offer, shop around, Northy and others on here can help with previous sale prices of similar specced cars in the same condition, get some pictures and clips from autotrader and send them in, same goes for piston heads. if that fails, we can all pretend to sell our cars on pistonheads with a massively inflated price to help you out

if they have written it off, buy it back.. i for one will have your wheels haha

i work in motor vehicle insurance claims so if you need any info or advice then give me a shout

there are a number of routes you can go down depending on certain things (like if you want the car back, if you dont want it registered as a write off etc)

mite not look like a write off however when sumone reversed into me i went through there insurence....only damage to my car was the bonnet, had to have new bonnet.....ended up costing £600!!!!

if they argue its only worth 1500 then just replacing the bonnet is nearly half its value!

Insurance companys suck

Thats sad news mate...surely can't be a write off! Stupid insurance companies....sure a few people on here will asist with parts etc to get her back to her former glory Good luck fella

cheers everybody
    yes i am planning on keeping it and fixing it
    will see what they say tomorrow then start looking for replacement bits

i do see how the money adds up real fast when buying new parts
    what whould it be classed as if they wrote it off and i fixed it
    ?? cat c ? b ? dunno what it means

Salvage is categorised from A to D

Category D

The least damage suffered of the four categories e.g. vehicles replaced under 'new for old' schemes, vehicles written-off to minimise hire charges.

The vehicle can be safely and economically repaired either by the insurer / motor trade or by an enthusiast using cheaper parts and reduced labour costs.

* Note: the following was amended in the 2001 code of practice for the disposal of motor salvage, a pdf copy of which can be viewed by clicking here

The PAV (Pre Accident Value) does not exceed £2,000 (£1,000 for motorcycles), or for more expensive vehicles, where the engineer's assessed repair costs do not exceed the PAV.

Category C

Substantial damage, but repairable by an repairer or enthusiast.

The vehicle can be safely and economically repaired either by the insurer / motor trade or by an enthusiast using cheaper parts and reduced labour costs. The PAV (Pre Accident Value) exceeds £2,000 (£1,000 for motorcycles) and the engineer's assessed repair costs exceed the PAV.

Category B

Heavy damage e.g. bent chassis

The vehicle cannot be safely and economically repaired either by the insurer / motor trade or by an enthusiast using cheaper parts and reduced labour costs. However, the vehicle contains economically salvageable parts.

Category A

A 'total loss' e.g. burn-out. The only value is the scrap metal.

The vehicle cannot be safely and economically repaired either by the insurer / motor trade or by an enthusiast using cheaper parts and reduced labour costs and there are no economically salvageable parts.

they will simply look at it from decent bodyshop and dealer part prices, new wings, new bonnet, new slam panel, headlights, bumper, fogs, piping, maybe new rad, mounts, inner wing repair etc.....

soon adds up, then you have paint onto of that, total front end respray so it may be touch and go. i would be tempted to buy it back if its a write off and either strip it for parts or make it into a track slag!

Sorry to hear this mate - if u get chance buy it back and bring it over to mine - i will help fix it for u!