Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: CLIO WILLIAMS 1

CLIO WILLIAMS 1

SEEN THISN ON EBAY NOT SURE IF THIS IS REAL? NUMBER 406!!
    THOUGHT ONLY 400 MADE?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1994-Renault-C...QQcmdZViewItem

this was his reply to me asking

Thanks for the observation.But when this model was released to press etc several were trashed and the replacements were given new numbers not just replacing the car with the same number which was written off.If you care to do a bit more research you could always contact renault to confirm this.!! Yes can take picture of plaque if you so wish but would suggest you do some homework first!!!! If it was not a genuine vehicle do you seriously think we would risk our reputation?? Many Thanks.

anyone clear this up?

There was 390 sold in the UK but several thousand sold worldwide, we didn't get numbers 1-390, some of the lower numbers went elsewhere.
    Highest i have seen on a UK one is 0425.

Mat.

obviously 0001 is a left hooker and 0002 to 0390 (for the uk market) are right hookers. but i do believe that some of the numbered ones between 0002 and 0390 were possibly left hookers.. there was thousands more sold across europe which were numbered 0391 and above, but some of these have been known to be right hookers... but it wouldnt surprise me if renault some of the higher right hookers here for the uk market... what hes replied to in that e mail reply is wrong IMO, plus he seems a bit rude as well..
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Forum User
    Yeah but we can't all be williams geeks can we? ;) :P

What a rude cunt!

Re: Williams clio 1

Quote Originally Posted by spence.77
    SEEN THISN ON EBAY NOT SURE IF THIS IS REAL? NUMBER 406!!
    THOUGHT ONLY 400 MADE?
    http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/1994-Renault-C...QQcmdZViewItem

this was his reply to me asking

Thanks for the observation.But when this model was released to press etc several were trashed and the replacements were given new numbers not just replacing the car with the same number which was written off.If you care to do a bit more research you could always contact renault to confirm this.!! Yes can take picture of plaque if you so wish but would suggest you do some homework first!!!! If it was not a genuine vehicle do you seriously think we would risk our reputation?? Many Thanks.

anyone clear this up?
    i think you should point him in this direction!
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

CHEERS ALL FOR YOUR HELP!
    YEAH AT FIRST INSTANCE I WAS ONLY ASKING HIM A QUESTION BUT HIS ANSWER WAS A BIT OVER THE TOP RUDE!!
    HE HAS SINCE SENT THIS REPLY AS I SAID HE SHOULD LOOK AT THE OFFICIAL WILLIAMS FORUM TO JUSTIFY HIS 406 PLAQUE.

Hi there
    Should be back to work tomorrow,been under the weather with bad cold!So will be able to post picture of plaque.The information i gave to you is from the original supplying dealer as regards why it is no-406.we have known the car since it was new and have no reason to doubt its originality,another gentleman who showed an interest in this vehicle apparantly did some research and was able to verify that it was indeed a genuine car.If you do come upon any info regarding it,s originality please let me know.
    Kind Regards
    David

CHANGED HIS TUNE NOW A BIT!!

its definately a williams 1. done some checks... but his first reply

"But when this model was released to press etc several were trashed and the replacements were given new numbers not just replacing the car with the same number which was written off"

sounds like bullshit... never heard it before??? but who knows?? sounded very snotty in his e mail...
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

talkingfish owns 0425 on here and thats a right hooker

http://www.williamsclio.co.uk/forum/...ic.php?t=25691
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Forum User
    aye... mine is deffo a Williams 1 number 0425 - I was well paranoid before I bought it for exactly the same reasons but everything checked out on the car as a genuine Willy 1. It was registered on 1st January 1994 if that helps..... I think there are a few around in the low four hundreds.... I quite like the novelty factor of the high number to be honest.... :D :D