Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My car

My car

Sorry, posted this under my newbie post without thinking

Back in 2004 before I took it off the road and molested it for my turbo conversion (January 2005)..

About 6 months ago..

More pics and info here..

http://www.essexboyz.com/dispatch.php?x=RideView&rI=1

welcome mate, another tubby lad! dont need a paddle clutch do you, trying to organise a group buy!

cheers

thanks but no thanks lol, no way couldn't go back there again, had one in my rs turbo, was horrible to drive and will never forget the state of the flywheel and pressure plate after 10k!!!

this is a second car for occasional use so im going to try my luck with an uprated non-paddle

was stupid tho, didn't do much research and ordered an "uprated" one from BB tuning about 2 years ago.. its a valeo part, any ideas where this is sourced from and if they are any good?

there are pants!lol i have one currently and only just gone to high boost and its slipping, u need a paddle for over 200bhp, the valeo uprated one can be had from GSF, its a R5 GTT uprated one as far as am aware but still made from cheese!

had a feeling you were going to say that lol oh well bit late now, you live you learn :(

There's gonna be a few tubbys one here soon! :D

I can see coops and MAXIBOY getting mithered to death!

Mine goes off road after 21st Sept, all the parts should have been collected/dilivered by then :P

You intercooling or charge cooling? Low or High Boost?

Paul

looking to run just under 1 bar, but i've gone for the weakest actuator possible (.65 bar) so i can get a proper boost controller in there to map the boost progressively through the gears (and hopefully give the box a bit more life lol)

haven't thought about cooling yet, just want to get the engine built up and get the car moving without the turbo first, i'd definitely prefer an intercooler though but i don't want to molest the front of the car too much if i can avoid it

good to see more people doing it though, at least i got someone to share ideas/problems (more likely the latter lol) with!!

Charge coolers are much kinder to the front end though, little/no modding required really, except in engine bay (battery relocation)

Are you running forged pistons? The car won't run reet well at low comp without the turbo?

Paul

true but i've never been convinced by those pissy little header tanks they give you for them, i'm going to relocate the battery anyway regardless..

i've took the spare wheel off so the battery relocation will make up for losing that weight at the rear, and the weight of the turbo will make up for the battery i've moved

yes running wossner pistons as well, c/r will be around or just under 8.5:1

yep i know the car will run terrible, but don't mind its only to run it in, i just have to move the car itself ASAP, its already stored at three different places without an engine in it lol peoples patience is wearing thin

lol, i know what u mean!

Thats why i've got mine micro planned!! Waiting till all (well, most) parts arrive, then borrowing my bro's second car. I've then a month, at a push month/half to get it sorted. Taking time off work, as i know things...lots of things will FUBAR

I've gone for charge cooling because like you i don't want to change the appearance of the Williams, or have to piss about with the large intercooling pipework.

Paul