Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Turbo fitted

Forum User
    i think its great. no problems as yet and really nice at getting the power down.

Quote Originally Posted by MAXIBOY
    i want a custom 380bhp map.
    You are unlikely to get a 'reliable' 380bhp with a gt28rs. 350bhp is about it's 'efficient' limit from what I remember. You may find in the clio engine bay it's less than that thanks to the lack of space means it heats up a lot quicker. Do everything you can to keep that turbo cool

Get it custom mapped from a decent tuner as well.

Matthew

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Scougar
    i want a custom 380bhp map.
    You are unlikely to get a 'reliable' 380bhp with a gt28rs. 350bhp is about it's 'efficient' limit from what I remember. You may find in the clio engine bay it's less than that thanks to the lack of space means it heats up a lot quicker. Do everything you can to keep that turbo cool

Get it custom mapped from a decent tuner as well.

Matthew
    cheers mate. will do. henk is coming over to map it . have been told 390bhp might be achievable. but ask coops. these things are rapid with 250bhp. so might find its undriveable over 300bhp. but want the engine mapped to see what it will do then find the best compromise for every day usage.

we need some dyno printouts of these turbo clio's. mines a few months off and ive got a lot of people doubting the performance figures. if anyone has any printouts please post em up so i got some back up until mine is done and i can wipe smiles off instead of just talking bout it.

Forum User
    will do soon. ask at bb though. they have a 320bhp package now

cheers mate. will do. henk is coming over to map it . have been told 390bhp might be achievable. but ask coops. these things are rapid with 250bhp. so might find its undriveable over 300bhp. but want the engine mapped to see what it will do then find the best compromise for every day usage.
    I'm not saying it won't do 390bhp, and you may even manage to get it mapped for that. What I'm saying is that the turbo is 'unlikely' to keep it up. I.e. if you blasting around a track with your car your turbo won't keep it up, or anything other than a short motorway burst. The more you push it, the more it's a diminshing return.

350bhp in a clio turbo will be a bloody quick car. If your pushing it beyond 350 I would really start to ask about what intercooler your running, how much of it is exposed to be cooled, what clutch you are using and what size injectors are you running.

I don't know how the clio engines respond to turboing in general, but I honestly doubt your gonna see 360-370bhp let alone 390 on a gt28rs with the restrictive exhaust manifold your using.

I will reiterate what I said before in another thread. 2 bar boost is a hell of a lot of boost to be running (especially on a standard head gasket!), and would ask how reliable you want your clio to be?

Matthew

Forum User
    100%. looking into head gaskets and arp studs as we speak

:D good good. ARP stuff is bloody expensive just for bolts, but so worth it if you run a performance engine.

Good luck, and just take your time with the mapping (or book enough time for the company to do the mapping). It is expensive, but if they try to rush it, they could screw your engine up, or simply do a bad map.

I don't pretend to be a turbo god or anything but you pick up a lot of stuff when the modded car you own is inherently a turbo (from the manufacturer). I used to own a metro turbo, and that lot treated it like it was some 'black art'. They didn't have a clue really. I bought a 200sx and the turbo world was so blindingly obvious. Takes tuning to a whole new level of, well .. ease really :D

Prepare to have larger fuel bills even when just pottering about. 22-28mpg is common for turbo'd cars when not on throttle.

Matthew

Forum User
    coops,how did u manage to do the bottom two manifold/turbo flange bolts up?mine need tightening but i cant find an easy way to get on them.

coops what diameter tubing you using for the air piping etc?