Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Williams/diesel crank

I used search function and some people say it's the same item, some say it's different. I want to know if I get diesel item, do I have to extra balance it? I have a chipped Willy with 7500RPM redline.

you can use diesil, its lighter and stronger..

if its out i would personally pay £300 for ballancing, grinding and flywheel lightening and get the clutch ballanced too then £25 for new bearings.

It would be silly not to!

I think renault made 2 different diesel cranks. One is the same dimentions as the willy one and the other doesnt fit in the end seal. You just have to be carefull which one you get. The diesel one is lighter and a bit tougher than the williams one as it is has fillet rolled edges.

Balancing is always a good idea if the bottom end is apart although its not essential. Hope this helps :D

Dan

Quote Originally Posted by AndyFielder
    if its out i would personally pay £300 for ballancing, grinding and flywheel lightening and get the clutch ballanced too then £25 for new bearings.
    Craig at APD does dynamic balancing for £200, this includes the flywheel, cluth, crankshaft and crank pully.

So F8Q has two different crank versions? Or it's not the same engine code? If it's the same, how can you tell which is which?

That part im not sure on. The only way you can tell is by measuring it I think, not sure if it wiould have a different engine code. Im sure Mat Brown or Craig will be along soon to set the record straight. :D

Dan

Cranks are the same, the only difference in the diesels would be with the chain driven oil pump versions

I think its a "renault variation" issue, I know some of the diesel cranks (it could be the chain driven oil pump versions to be fair) have a different seal journal diameter.

The diesel cranks are lighter and are filet rolled....they are therefore better for high torque or high rpm builds.

you got any over at your place?

Forum User
    aslong as you get a crank from a clio f8q you will be fine, i cross referenced the part numbers at work and there identical!