Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Group A Induction Kit Relocation

Okay, my new shiny garrett turned up yeaterday....but it doesnt fit! :( so i have to send it back monday with the old unit parts so they can match up the bits that dont fit and re-ship it back end of the week!

Untill then i thought i'd keep myself busy with ongoing improvements, so i relocated my induction kit into the scuttle today! all i need now is to wait for my 'new' (ahem) washer bottle to show up and am away!

Ended up using a drill and file to make the hole as i wasnt prepared to fork out for a hole cutter and wasnt keen on the grinder plan due to spark! results as a bit of a wobbly hole, but the silicone tubing will hide that! sprayed it up xeros aswell to prevent the dreaded rust taking hold!

and the liner to keep it lookin neat, just cut a piece of 5mm tubing along its length n fits lovely n snug!

and fitted the silicone tubing through the new hols i cut

and the cone fitted on the end, its lookin a little tatty from years stuck in the bay, nearly won a pipercross replacement on the bay but got pipped by 50p in the last second!doh, so on the hunt still!

I then set about making up a bracket for the chargecooler header tank to relocate it with the parts i had, again in attempt to do this all for the sum of free! :P

sprayed up the bracket xeros aswell, its off a set of brakes from my old valver i had left over bolts beside the coil, job done!

and the finished article with scuttle in position!

Coops

Forum User
    Nice mate, bit cheaper than Hill Power's relocation kit.

Do you actually drive it or just constantly rip it to bits and paint stuff and make it look pretty?

unfortunately the latter mate well till i get teh turbo sorted, bloody stupid thing

* Uncle Schakal * knitted by nanas since 1995 , now available with added GSOH
    Quote Originally Posted by Coops
    unfortunately the latter mate well till i get teh turbo sorted, bloody stupid thing
    did that guy on rtoc help out in the end ?

Forum User
    I know it's a group 'A' mod but do you actually benifit from it or is it just a space saving mod ?

benefits from better low temperature air and airflow in that location, before the air was being drawn in from behind the radiator, not good!

shaks, nah mate never got back to me so i used someone on neils recommendation

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Foley
    I know it's a group 'A' mod but do you actually benifit from it or is it just a space saving mod ?
    Reduced the inlet temp by sticking it there, just doesnt have much of a air feed.

You going to vent the wing or bonnet mate?

A nice pulsar vent on the wing would look great

nah, plenty gets sucked in through low pressure gradient down windscreen! not wanting to butcher my bodywork, keeping it smooooooooooooooth. altho if i get a carbon bonnet (on the list) may R19 vent it

It doesn't really need a feed. As much air as is needed will be sucked in, and it'll be nice and cold (even in the summer if this 1 is anything to go by). Can't see a need for a vent.

Paul

I'd be interested to see your opinion on the increased noise where it is now my man!

I really fancy doing this but I'm a little worried it may 'harm' the tranquility of the moment