Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    What a ****ing idiot.

People like this make my blood boil as they'll just carry on and not be bothered by the fact you've had what was your pride and joy wrecked

I'd have got the police round straight off and asked hem to breathalyse him... (but would his insurance pay out if he was drunk? Or do you only invalidate your own comprehensive insurance part when you do that?)

Quote Originally Posted by white16valver
    What a f***king idiot.

People like this make my blood boil as they'll just carry on and not be bothered by the fact you've had what was your pride and joy wrecked

I'd have got the police round straight off and asked hem to breathalyse him... (but would his insurance pay out if he was drunk? Or do you only invalidate your own comprehensive insurance part when you do that?)
    Drink-drive I mean lol

Quote Originally Posted by Scougar
    Well that's good news then about the claim. Make sure you don't loose the photo evidence

You may want to check the rear more by lifting the carpet and seeing if the boot is creased at all. Might need the rear section being replaced as well if it has been pushed in.

Gutted for you :(

Matthew
    This is true. Basically I;ve had nearly the same damage just in 2 separate incidents not 1!

My rear looked fine. Scuffed misaligned bumper and that was it. However, the boot floor was creased. That just got pulled out though, welded where it had split and then new bumper on top.

Cops wise, its a damage only RTC so its not reportable.

He's clearly a muppet, but 1 slip and a bit of a panic...a landy can easily cause that sorta damage.

Paul

not surprised there is no damage to the landrover. Similar thing happened to my dads 19 16v (when it was nearly new), transit van backed into it, completely smashed the front end up just like that... was there a scratch on the van?? was there ****!!!

More pics the boot has crushed a bit

Alternator may explain why it sounds so bad? Has the exhaust cracked or leak now?

The boot doesn't look too bad from what I can make out in those pics (I'm no professional at bodywork). Looks like you may have been lucky with the boot, but will need to be pulled out I think and resprayed back there (as the metal is exposed now).

Any shots of the front subframe area and tie bar (tracking arms?) mounting points?

Mathew

gutted for you mate - any updates from the insurance claim ?

Yeah I forgot to say that I pulled out that part of the chassis and stated the engine. Is sounds much healthier now...

I'll have a look at the sub frame etc tonight.

No progress with the insurance people yet.

looks ****ed to me that tbh. must have hit it at some speed!