Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got it started

Got it started

Have now got the Williams engine in my sons valver, got it started and it runs like a bag of pooh!!!!! i am using the original valver injectors and inlet manifold, have fitted the Willy ECU i got off Winston, but it seems the choke is sticking on as it is ticking over just a tad over 2K RPM, with the valver ECU it goes up to 2.5K.
    There is a vacumn valve on the bulkhead which currently is disconnected, as when i connect it up the tickover increases to 4k. when you hold the engine above tickover the engine splutters but revs really responsive. Any ideas anyone on the best way to resolve this??

Many thanks

John

Forum User
    sounds like an air leak

ai, air leak, the vac valve ur on about am presuming is the map sensor and thats not reading right due to the pressure in the inlet manifold being incorrect for the throttle position so as neils says, u'll need to check inlet mani to head union and throttle body to inlet mani union, aswell as any vac hose connections etc etc to ensure its all sealed and no air is getting in when it shouldnt be

Re: Got it started

Have checked all air/vacumn pipes and connected the MAP sensor, ran at approx 3.5k when cold dropped down to just over 2k when hot. Engine idles very smooth but is still too fast, would a Williams MAP sensor be better than the standard valver one?

thanks

John

Forum User
    afaik all map sensors on the mk1 clio are the same

check the connections on the iscv, one of my connectors came loose and mine was ideling at silly revs.

I had a problem similar after swapping the throttle position sensor on my willy engine. Have you removed it during the swap? It has to be set just right or car will idle high.

Hi Alex The inlet Manifold is the one off the valver engine and have not changed anything on that at all, just made sure everything was plugged in ok still running at high revs on tickover.

Jay whats the iscv?

thanks

John

Forum User
    its the idle control valve bolted to the front of the manifold.

Have checked all connections numerous times, nothing seems to be making a difference here, maybe i should be getting it down to Renault for a full diagnostic check or is there a cable and software i can get to check it myself.

thanks

John