Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Quote Originally Posted by rossdj1983 View Post
    264's are generally a good all round cam
    As I posted yesterday I am looking for a Cam for my 19 16v build that I going to start soon.

Unfortunatelly here in Brazil is very hard to find someoen that already did this before, and we don't have performance parts for Renault of these age.

Those 264, and even the 258/248, from how many horsepower can we gain running these two cams, are we talking about? Of course with a remap added.

Forum User
    I'm working to get three different engines on dyno same day, so that I can answer this question..

If I manage, I will post the result in this forum. First engine is catcam 286/279, Second is grinded cams 260 degree duration ( measured from 0 lift ) and max valve lift 10,5mm. Third is stock F7P cams.

All three engines has totally different setups, but the cams are all for stock valve springs and lifters.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by juuhanaa View Post
    I'm working to get three different engines on dyno same day, so that I can answer this question..

If I manage, I will post the result in this forum. First engine is catcam 286/279, Second is grinded cams 260 degree duration ( measured from 0 lift ) and max valve lift 10,5mm. Third is stock F7P cams.

All three engines has totally different setups, but the cams are all for stock valve springs and lifters.
    Here is grinded 260degree (approx 220degree from 1mm lift). Inlet and exhaust open 1.15mm at TDC and lobe angle aprox 108.

R19 13.12.2020.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Tuche Brazil View Post
    As I posted yesterday I am looking for a Cam for my 19 16v build that I going to start soon.

Unfortunatelly here in Brazil is very hard to find someone that already did this before, and we don't have performance parts for Renault of these age.

Those 264, and even the 258/248, from how many horsepower can we gain running these two cams, are we talking about? Of course with a remap added.
    I'm still in doubt if I go on the Newman-cams 258/248 or the Newman-cams 264/264. Is it really necessary to install with verniers pulleys in both cases, or is it possible to just assemble in the OEM pulleys?
    Please, I really need some good advise because I'cant find almost nothing in Youtube and here in Brazil, nobody in our R19 club did this before.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuche Brazil View Post
    I'm still in doubt if I go on the Newman-cams 258/248 or the Newman-cams 264/264. Is it really necessary to install with verniers pulleys in both cases, or is it possible to just assemble in the OEM pulleys?
    Please, I really need some good advise because I'cant find almost nothing in Youtube and here in Brazil, nobody in our R19 club did this before.
    Diesel pulleys bought! Just need to choose now between 264/264 or 258/248...

Are those 264/264 that kind of cams that only works in high revs, almost losing from standart in low/mid range?