Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    hehe 13s are very close...I was'nt close to the limiter now it's 7k no but reading 105mph or just over....deffo gained me a bit of time having those extra revs in 4th instead of changing. Got into the high 2.2 60ft times for the first time too which was nice....but if I could get some 2live esque starts I would have been in 13s!

J o n
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin.
    hehe 13s are very close...I was'nt close to the limiter now it's 7k no but reading 105mph or just over....deffo gained me a bit of time having those extra revs in 4th instead of changing. Got into the high 2.2 60ft times for the first time too which was nice....but if I could get some 2live esque starts I would have been in 13s!
    well the simple solution is to cut your feet off and swap em round... then have a few smokes and you'll easy be in the 13's!

Fair play to the fella..he was a good sport. He posted on CS..

Oz.LCR
    Forum User

Leon Cupra R
    31 May 2005
    1 Posts

I can assure you it is revo'd gentlemen.

It was good to meet you martin - was impressed with your car, yes my starts probably could be worked on, but i wasnt embarresed losing to a stripped out hatch with a tuned engine.

One thing to remeber chaps - martins car is stripped out and must weigh half of what the leon does, has a larger 'usable' power band and that gave it a massive advantage 'off the line'. Once we were moving the distance stayed pretty much the same.

Getting the power down in the Cupra is a bit of a mission - its not at its best from a standing start but i went home happy in the fact i had done 'alright' for my first outing.

until i logged on here - lol

Anyone with a Cupra R - until you have raced martin down the strip please keep snidy comments like "he was a sh*te" driver, i could of beat him" - to yourselves ;)

re: GTI6 - i really fluffed that run up big time but i thought i had won till i saw the slip, i really couldnt figure that one out - but well done all the same.

J o n
    oops, didn't see the Mitchy excuse list then, quality, so they're actually only 235bhp now, not twenty million thousand bhp?

what's yours run then, or whats a quick one with a decent driver run... assuming it's running the 270-280bhp they should be doing after a remap... I heard 9 second standing 1/4's were average

Also note how the dood Martin beat couldn't pull on him even once he did have traction. Under estimate these cars at your own embarrassment really. The bloke you raced seems sound though Martin and also a realist

Forum User
    I dont under estimate clio's at all mate. They are so light they are bound to be quick, but not everyones cup of tea though

All i said is there are standard 225 cars hitting 14.5/6 sec 1/4 miles so 14.9 from a chipped example is a poor time dont you think?

A remapped cupra R pulls around 260-265bhp. A cupra R with induction and full exhaust system inc downpipe and cat will produce around 280bhp. 265bhp is around the mark of a chipped R.

Ive said it before mate the 1.8T flatters itself with its torque figures. They may produce 300lbft of torque but its only peak torque and not sustained! The maps are very up and down and the small turbo unit only holds until around 5800-6000 rpm. (The main reason why i opted for the laughing gas)

Thats the difference you clio bunch need to drop a gear and you can rev it to 7000 rpm, we lazy turbo lot will stay in gear but change way earlier!

A remapped R would have it when moving though

Forum User
    A remapped R would have it when moving though [/quote]
    ---------------

just not off the line or round the twisties...sounds like a boring straight line blitzers car with a boring skoda engine to match, laughing gas more like sleeping gas

J o n
    lol, nah fair point Mitchy, they prolly will be quicker... but if the guy didn't pull from 0-100 basically he's gonna be passing at around 120-130ish imo, which realistic, as 5th gear on mine has as much pull as 4th on cam, seriously shifts with cams.

thing is tho jesus......u would have thort the same about the ever revving type r s.............that theyd leave us once above 100..........hmmmmmm it aint happened yet lol

and had 1 on each trip up and down from fcs...same results......they dint pull at 100.they just lost more ground lol

Forum User
    LOL... too true...

Banned
    I cained a Civic type R in 0002 once, and i mean destroyed him.

Ive never rated them. His car was twitching all round the corners, then on the straight expected him to pull away, and i have to keep backing off to stop going in the back of him.