Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hello picking up my Williams 2 on Sunday

Hi there

just thought I would say hi as im picking up my first Willams Clio 2 on Sunday... Its not mint but always fancied one... Ive had 205 gtis, RS turbos, MR2s etc etc..... Just wondered what mods are worth and not worth doing to her? Shes totally standard with a full service history......

K+N panel filter maybe? Stainless exhaust? De-cat? Drilled brakes tc etc...

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Steve

welcome to the site mate :D enjoy ur stay!!! the list of mods u have listed are the recommended first mods to get done!
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Forum User
    howdo

exhaust

What stainless exhaust will fit my Williams? A normal 16 valve one or does it need to be a specific Williams 1?

Any ideas where to buy a panel filter for a reasonable price?

Thanks for all your help

Steve

nope a valver zorst wont fit a williams(its a different angled flange where it meets with the cat/de-cat) best bets on zorsts are either POWERFLOW,DEVIL,MAGNEX,SCORPION. and its also best to get a de-cat for a tiny bit of a power increase..

panel filters well your best of contacting BRUN on here as he was doing a good price on the ITG green panel filters(was a while ago tho! drop him a PM)
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

zorst

Hi mate

there is a guy on here selling a de-cat adjustable one but he wasnt sure if it would fit a standard exhaust..... Hes just looking in to it for me, do you know if it will?

What difference will taking the cat off make? BHP wise and sound wise?

Steve

if its adjustable then yes it will fit! a de-cat will give ya 5/10 bhp more... and noise depends on the make of de-cat you get.. i think you can get silenced de-cats... but unlike mine- magnex de-cat and straight through devil zorst----- it makes it as loud as ****!!! lol been pulled a few times for it

where abouts ya from??? weve got the biggest meet of the year this weekend if youve got time after picking your new motor up...
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Decats are wank on a williams - Why does everyone say they're good for power!?!?

They 'move' the power - so if you want it to lose some low down grunt and make it feel like it pulls better further up then get a decat - reports too that a decat will help it pull better to the limiter but I'd rather have the low down grunt back than breaking the speedlimit just to prove a point lol :D

drilled brakes crack or tend to do - just stick with genuine renault discs abd upgrade your pads...

Quote Originally Posted by Daz.
    Decats are w**k on a williams - Why does everyone say they're good for power!?!?

They 'move' the power - so if you want it to lose some low down grunt and make it feel like it pulls better further up then get a decat - reports too that a decat will help it pull better to the limiter but I'd rather have the low down grunt back than breaking the speedlimit just to prove a point lol :D
    is that referring to me mate???
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215