Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    lol, i raced my sister in her 172, std for std. from 5miles an hour on an empty dual carrage way. the williams pulled ahead slighty, and continued to do so. was veerrrry little in it though.

Forum User
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris n`nic
    lol I love the term smoked. If you truly 'smoked' them then they must have been very poor examples. imo
    well im not sure about that, but one of them was running 17" wheels so that prob had some thing to do with it but i still reckon the old williams would give them a good run for their money any day !!

Ahhh good run is different to smoked tho lol ;).

To be honest 1*2 vary soo much from one to another although for some reason the Cups tend to be quick as a rule where as a full fats can be quick or total wank. Kev of CS got a 14.6 in his totally std 172 so that was obviously a good un, Scottcups had exhaust decat filter and struggled to get into 14`s iirc.

Chris

My cup seemed to rev easier and a little smoother, but didnt feel as 'strong' as the williams does, with the lowered suspension i think my williams handles better than my cup ever did.. as for all out speed? its tough, i think with the right tyres on the willy gets its power down easier than the cup...

overall i prefer my williams for driving pleasure and its motorsport pedigree.

i went up against a 182
    it pulled very very slowly away from me.
    all i have is a decat pipe.

im thinking a big lairy cam is the way to go

Forum User
    std to std my 1.8.2 is def quicker then my williams ever was, handling wise its good, could even say better to a certain point but not as fun as the williams to drive

J o n
    as said, depends on the engine of each car, my 172 now standard is not a patch on my old Williams... that's not going to stay that way for long though ;)