Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    dont suppose anyone would be kind enough to post pics of the reenforcement bit, so i know if im getting what i need from GSF.

Andy

Forum User
    i'd be interested to see what you get for your £25 from GSF, ball joint, strenghtening plate? or just the wishbone. seems too cheap for that lot.

while were on the subject, 19 16v ploybushes are the same as the willy kit?

Quote Originally Posted by AndyFielder
    dont suppose anyone would be kind enough to post pics of the reenforcement bit, so i know if im getting what i need from GSF.

Andy

plate ontop of the wishbone that the balljoint bolts through

Quote Originally Posted by nath
    i'd be interested to see what you get for your £25 from GSF, ball joint, strenghtening plate? or just the wishbone. seems too cheap for that lot.

while were on the subject, 19 16v ploybushes are the same as the willy kit?
    Don't bother with poly bushes, std is the way to go, yes R19 are the same tho

Forum User
    so is all that lot from GSF, ARB too? i see reno bags tho. and are they r19 wishbones? (£25 from GSF) sorry for all the questions.

so is all that lot from GSF, ARB too? i see reno bags tho. and are they r19 wishbones? (£25 from GSF) sorry for all the questions.
    All genuine renault from renault apart from the R19 wishbones which i got from GSF

Forum User
    was the ARB expensive? you havnt got a list of part numbers have you so I could price it all up? were you giving your car williams wide track?

Why is nothing ever simple?!? I'm totally confused now I'll try to take the balljoint off my current willy wishbones and post a pic to aid the discussion. I'm replacing the bushes with poly ones anyway so the only old parts would be the wishbones and the balljoint. If there is doubt on which new wishbones I'll end up buying maybe its safer just buy the balljoints and reuse the wishbones I already have? If I did that then everything will be new apart from the metal wishbone itself, which isn't a component that really 'wears' anyway, I presume?

Forum User
    would help lol. Im trying ascertain what parts are needed but which alternatives (cheaper lol) can be used instead of genuine williams items. looks like GSF 19 16v wishbones can be used, including ball joints, reno clips etc, and reno arb, Oh and willy struts.

was the ARB expensive? you havnt got a list of part numbers have you so I could price it all up? were you giving your car williams wide track?
    I've got the part numbers yer, i'll post in a sec, the arb was one of the most expensive bits, £80 IIRC, whole lot came to roughly £500 without driveshafts, yes my valver has widetrack :D

If you've already got wishbones that aren't rusty and you were gonna replace the bushes there is no point buying new ones, use your old ones with new bushes.

Be warned tho, poly bushes aren't all they've cracked up to be, especially on a road car. OE is where it's at