Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    He is passionate about motors, just need to speak to him and you'd know that I reckon.

Mapping road cars, isn't really his business, he makes money doing race cars usually, but when I asked him why he doesnt answer his phone often, is simple, he get a lot of calls per day from ****wits ringing up about pricing for mapping etc and, his answering the phone take him away from what he is doing making the job take longer than usual, he gets lots of calls with people wanting his opinion on things, this again take him away from actual work, he could take on a secretary, but the people ringing dont wanna speak to someone who hasnt got a clue.

Its a difficult situation he's in really, could do with a partner or something.

I agree though it is a pain to get through though, if you wanna go with him you'll keep trying, if not take it somehwere else, simple as really

I agree with about Nick though, very helpful and always answers the phones. Never experienced his mapping though personally, apart from Martins, which he didnt rate.

Quote Originally Posted by drsmith1979
    whos ric wood?

but saying things like "i dont like my job" is kinda hinting to the contrary...

Quote Originally Posted by drsmith1979

What does nick do? does he live map or use generic maps? i know he has a rolling road.
    He can offer either.

Mat.

Forum User
    Never had a problem with my chipwizard remap.

And surely the map is based on the state of car when done so if things are faulty, the chip will map the best to the current state of the car and then if you change stuff after, the map will not be as tailored?

So if he mapped your car with a knackered dizzy, then surely that is not his fault and now settings will be different as you have changed the dizzy?

sure the map will have inbuilt tolerances so it can adapt to such measures, its not simply a 'my way or the high way' kind of software program, it has to be able to adapt as after all thats the point of having a computer and all the sensors!?

Forum User
    You want your car sorting out proffesionally with no bullshit

http://www.ricwood.com/

this guy can map a tefal kettle up with his hand on his cock and his other on a rubik's cube

^^ Now thats impressive - any videos?

how much does he charge?

My cup car has a chipwizards remap and you have to give it some to warm it up before letting it just idle, otherwise it'll stall sometimes. Not really a problem though as its a race car, also no ISCV, but standard cams, so wouldn't expect this.