Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb
    Quote Originally Posted by nyk
    Yep i bought it off him a while back now :D
    Ahh, I didnt realise it had stayed in the club when he sold it. I'm slow what can I say, all I get out of Pikie these days is Turbo's and waste gate chatter lol - he's back into ford ownership and not into clio's anymore as you prob know. You done much to it since you've had it?

:D
    Well ive done the arches although the colour doesnt match so im getting it done professionally, got rid of the rust on the bottom of the doors and have sprayed them up. Re-alighed the front bumper and back bumper as i found out it's been shunted in the back sometime. Theres a huge dent in the panel just after the drivers side door which i didnt know about so that'll need to be done and i have a new tailgate which is getting chopped up and welded onto the excisting one as i cant aford to get it sprayed and parcel force damaged it in transit
    Yeah the tailgate on that car was fubar'd. I think the accident he had at FCS last year explains the dent after the door.

Glad your gettin it sorted though.

northy, i am willing to pay say £300 per year in return for a banner on here if that would help your hosting costs, or i could help you monetise this site properly yourself and get it earning a nice fat wedge!!!!

PM me, ive made over £3000 from this 1 website of mine since march last year, http://www.freeuksimcards.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by simonr85
    northy, i am willing to pay say £300 per year in return for a banner on here if that would help your hosting costs, or i could help you monetise this site properly yourself and get it earning a nice fat wedge!!!!

PM me, ive made over £3000 from this 1 website of mine since march last year, http://www.freeuksimcards.co.uk

sounds a good deal! drop him a pm mate!
    CLIO WILLIAMS 0215

Forum User
    yeah i agree nyk, what this club and c16v charge isnt much compared to alot of other clubs, just ppl on here are tight and moan like hell!

Quote Originally Posted by FATBOY
    Quote Originally Posted by simonr85

sounds a good deal! drop him a pm mate!
    TBH i'd rather not see banners and advertising over the site. Don't get me wrong its a very kind offer and one northy can dwell on but I think he shares the same views.

IMO it doesnt look very nice and gives the pages a cluttered look.

But I don't make the decisions so i'll leave it to the people that do.

Raise membership to £10 and get a decent hosting package I say.

Have to agree the hosting packages on that site arent very good value for money. I pay £5.50 a month for 3GB of space and 50GB of bandwidth per month.

Have to agree the hosting packages on that site arent very good value for money. I pay £5.50 a month for 3GB of space and 50GB of bandwidth per month.
    You get what you pay for at the end of the day.

Is that a US based server?

I expect that any site that uses excessive amounts of CPU will soon get booted off that price plan/server.

The problem we have is the host is charging £5/1Gb over the standard 30Gb limit of the package.

--

@simonr85 - I don't think Northy is interested in banner ads etc. Thats why we pay membership fee's, although it may be worth mentioning to him anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by summeh

I expect that any site that uses excessive amounts of CPU will soon get booted off that price plan/server.

The problem we have is the host is charging £5/1Gb over the standard 30Gb limit of the package.

--

@simonr85 - I don't think Northy is interested in banner ads etc. Thats why we pay membership fee's, although it may be worth mentioning to him anyway.

at the end of the day, the hosting is costing nothing this year, apart from the the bit it goes over. the package last year was so poor the guy gave northy a year/18 month free package.. i said it then, il say it again. fuk him off and get a decent server, even if it means you have to pay for it rather than get it gratis

for those of you bothered about banners this was only the first option,

we could create a new area in the forum for useful shops (which earn commission for cliowilliams) eg. a few closed topics

Car Insurance
    ==========
    elephant
    admiral
    norwich union
    etc

Car shops
    =======
    halfords
    etc

High street stores
    ===========
    Tesco
    Waterstones
    Game
    HMV
    etc

people would only visit these threads if they knew they was buying say a cd and they are happy with cliowilliams keeping the commission to help costs, there would be no banners just a text link and these would be inside a closed thread.

Even if 1 member only buys 1 thing a year through 1 of our links, every little would help

It may shock you but every purchase on the internet at least 2 or 3 people are credited with a commission

If people dont want cliowilliams getting the commission even though the cost of your goods would not change then simple, DONT VISIT THE THREAD!

hope this makes sense

Quote Originally Posted by summeh

--

Nope UK based, yeh have to agree most hosts now would just ask for more or drop the priority of the client with the site making it really slow at busy times.