Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Forum User

Which Exhaust Manifold?

Would I be better fitting an OE one like the willy manifold on my valver or going for the supersprint or an equivalent stainless steel model? Ive heard horror stories of the supersprints cracking...is this true?

Mike

Gunners ur man for manifolds...he'd tried them all! Think the trouble with the Supersprints is that they don't have any kind of support near the bottom so the weight of the exhaust stresses the bottom of it. Think Northy had a Prower or something which was a better alternative. Depends what ur after really...can't remember which was round it is with the willy and valver manfolds but ones is supposed to be better for low down torque and one for top end....but i think it's been said before that it can differ from engine to engine.

Forum User
    Prower?? Well Id be after lower end torque I think.

Could someone please remind me as well - I know the 16v and willy manifold/downpipe are different ( is the downpipe angled differently to the 16v one?

Im going to buy an exhaust system and decat but am unsure on the order in which to do it.

Can I buy a 16V exhaust system and then fit the willy manifold/downpipe or stainless manifold afterwards and still be able to use the exhaust system Ive just bought?

Or will I need to think ahead and but the manifold first and buy my system around that?

Thanks

Mike

f you have a valver with a 1.8 engine then keep the valver manifold as it is great for low end torque. If you are going for 2.0 then get the willy one as it is tuned for more high end power as the williams has plenty of torque low down anyway. All the other options such as supersprint and prowler are expensive and dont really perform much better then the standard items in my opinion. I have a supersprint on my 2.0 engine myself and I bet I wouldnt really notice much difference in performance between that and a standard willams one.

Williams and 16v exhausts are the same but the cats are different.

Hope this helps ya!

Forum User
    1) valver manifold- ugly and useless beyond 50 mph

2) Supersprint, poor manifold to down pipe joinns that seize in, prone to cracking the downpipe due to inept design.

3) Williams, good all rounder, i use one which is wrapped in heat wrap.

4) Megane 2.0 16v - needs a mod to the flange, but out performs the willy manifold specially top end.

more in depth threads are about.

Forum User
    Thanks for that lads, especially gunner.

What kind of mod to the flange on the megane one is required? I saw a post recently about you proving it could be done but not sure if the mod was noted on there.

Mike

Gunner - How restrictive did you find the valver manifold past 50mph compared to the willy?

Quote Originally Posted by AmDaMan
    Gunner - How restrictive did you find the valver manifold past 50mph compared to the willy?
    thought u hated clios mate, never spending a penny on that heap again etc etc?

Lol, we have to get along at the moment mate so i'm trying to make it as enjoyable as possible

knowsit