Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by winston
    One thing I have noticed, Like u33db said there is a lack of engine braking , what are willy's like for engine braking?.....Anyway, better without!!
    Do you have the Williams gearbox and drive ratios? I find engine braking to be quite strong. Lift-off oversteer is always at the ready for mid-corner corrections. It won't feel like a Williams, if you can't throttle steer a corner. Good fun.

yep i have no probs with engine braking either..........but it tends to lead to gearbox breakin too hehe......spesh if u do it regularly

I'm looking at doing a engine conversion this year. Is there any advantage of fitting a 16v box to the 2.0? Or is it best to stick with the williams package?

Jon why's it bad engine braking pal, and why's it reck the box i thought that was cos you were just a bit vishush with yours!!!lol

lol.thats wot i mean mate.knockin it down at a speed a little higher than it limits at ...i.e. knock it down to 3rd at 100.......will slow it down rapidly...but is a little too much for the poor box lol

Quote Originally Posted by 2 live
    lol.thats wot i mean mate.knockin it down at a speed a little higher than it limits at ...i.e. knock it down to 3rd at 100.......will slow it down rapidly...but is a little too much for the poor box lol
    Is that 100kph or 100mph?? It's fairly brutal to change down to 3rd at 100kph. But at 100mph (160kph) into 3rd, I am guessing a few cogs missing after that. Is that even within 7000 rpm? That way too fierce engine braking for me. Heh, does everyone drive like this here?

i dont. But have recently started to hit the limiter when i had a few doo's with the jesus last week.

2 live drives hard no matter if he's going to tescos or oulton park. heehee

Heh, and you guys called your cars "mint"? All these shenanigans in the most heavily traffic-policed country in the world - demerits points must be worth their weight in gold there.

lol at 2live 100 into 3rd, no wonder you go through so many boxes!!!

mind you they still must be strong little bu**ers to cope with that and much more that 2live throws at it....i think you should test drive for reno jon....that make help them to build a better car in the future head back more towards the r turbo 2's and willys!!!lol

Danny

Quote Originally Posted by PurpleSun
    Quote Originally Posted by 2 live
    Is that 100kph or 100mph?? It's fairly brutal to change down to 3rd at 100kph. But at 100mph (160kph) into 3rd, I am guessing a few cogs missing after that. Is that even within 7000 rpm? That way too fierce engine braking for me. Heh, does everyone drive like this here?

lol.well indicated on clocks...redlines at about 7100-7500 and it will do 90 ish in 3rd before limiter cuts in .. but have been known to need to slow down rapidly so using the box to its fullest lol....the cars revved to over 8k for quite few seconds while gettin remapped.so i know it can handle it in short doses lol

i do have a pic of me latest box in northys capable hands....when he gets round to puttin up lol