Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

First real Hybrid blast

Well impressed with willy power, the torque is every thing I could of hoped it would be and more.....1st gear is extreme, wheel spinning at the top of the revs in the dry, 2nd is like first in a valver.

Could do all my favourate roundabouts and corners in 3rd rather than second. excellent. well more speed!!!

Spotted my mate in his alfa 147 1.8 twin spark, at a set of lights started of in 2nd and still smoked him good style.

Handling is awesome with the 15's, wide track and manual rack. car feels very light and nimble, with loads of feedback through the wheel. corning as fast as the valver on limit with out even trying!!

Just can't wait to compare it to the other willys , to see how the extreme light weight diet and losing the P/S set up have afected the performance.

winston*

PS anyone with a 1.8 valver, get a 2.0, It transforms your valver in to a total animal

Forum User
    hehe nice one glad to hear u like it!

Forum User
    yeah, big improvement on the 1.8 mate! like u say the torque alone makes it all that much better! sod the 4k kick, it pulls like fuk from 2k then again at 4k!!

1.8's suck lol < thats just for dannyt

Yeah craig, The torque is unreal

hopefully we can have a little battle when I come to pick up the cage

Banned
    Cage

Extra weight

Only half cage tho

Sold my old one because it was to heavy lol

Banned
    So your happy with the results of your hard work?

Hell yeah!!!!!! :D

Can see why the willy is loved so much. wider track complements the 2.0 perfectly.

Re: First real Hybrid blast

Quote Originally Posted by winston
    Well impressed with willy power, the torque is every thing I could of hoped it would be and more.....1st gear is extreme, wheel spinning at the top of the revs in the dry, 2nd is like first in a valver.

Handling is awesome with the 15's, wide track and manual rack. car feels very light and nimble, with loads of feedback through the wheel. corning as fast as the valver on limit with out even trying!!
    I have always felt the low gearing in 1st gear for this car is quite impractical with all the available low-end torque. I typically change out of 1st very quickly. 2nd to 5th is where all the action is at.

Do you get more or less torque steer in powering round corners compared to the standard 16V with assisted steering?

I'll get back to you on that, after I have got used to it again not driven it for 6months.....