Soft pedal conversion

i was talking to a mate and he mentioned using parts of a volvo to make the clutch softer.

What parts are these and is it a big job?

What are the results like does it make it better?

The engine is currently out the car and ive fitted a uprated clutch?

whats involvoled?guides?

thanks

Do a search :p need to fit a longer clutch fork so obv box has to be off, and some other things I think can't remember thou?

Forum User
    The guide is on www.retro-renault.com

i had a look on the website and ordered the parts so is it basically the arm thats changed?

Does anyone have any pictures?

more hassle than its worth imo, can you not deal with it as it is?

yeah i havnt got a problem with it but the misses moans about and dont want to drive it ... hold on a minute thats a good thing :D

ill be running a uprated r5 clutch, what will it be like with a standard clutch pedal? any harder than standard?

thanks agian

yeah i havnt got a problem with it but the misses moans about and dont want to drive it ... hold on a minute thats a good thing :D

ill be running a uprated r5 clutch, what will it be like with a standard clutch pedal? any harder than standard?

I've got an uprated r5 clutch on mine with a soft pedal conversion using 172 parts.

Be prepared for a very high biting point, but other than that it feels very solid and no harder than a standard clutch using the standard arm, which is a good thing.

Also, a lot of people have reported the uprated r5 clutches being very on/off, but mine isn't like that with the soft pedal conversion.

I wouldn't recommend using 172 parts as i've had quite a few problems with mine and still havent got it working right...

Quote Originally Posted by cliokiz
    I've got an uprated r5 clutch on mine with a soft pedal conversion using 172 parts.

Be prepared for a very high biting point, but other than that it feels very solid and no harder than a standard clutch using the standard arm, which is a good thing.

Also, a lot of people have reported the uprated r5 clutches being very on/off, but mine isn't like that with the soft pedal conversion.

I wouldn't recommend using 172 parts as i've had quite a few problems with mine and still havent got it working right...
    so along with the arm what else has as to be changed?