Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New toy ;o)

New toy ;o)

Ordered one of these bad boys on saturday! such a gorgeous and amazingly accurate weapon!

obviously im in the USA so yes it is real, its in .40 S&W calibre and is the chosen side arm for the secret service, US marshals and a host of other enforcement agencies...... love it!

i'll get some pics when it comes through this week, maybe a little video too ;o) ahhhhh the land of the free.... the home of the psycho's haha

Nice, if you're into the whole "right to bare arms" bollocks

got a 13 clip ?

Forum User
    fired it.

desert eagle is the one you really want.

i prefer the glock...but plasticy but accurate.,

Quote Originally Posted by .GUNNER.
    fired it.

desert eagle is the one you really want.

i prefer the glock...but plasticy but accurate.,
    D/E .50 would rip you in half

glock for the win, german AFAIK (as are most well engineered things)

desert eagle is all hype, its a crap weapon regardless of what calibre it comes in, .50 its just too big and heavy and the .50 round was never designed to be fired in a 'semi automatic' clip such as the desert eagle. which is why the capacity is so poor on the desert eagle. they then brought out the .44 and have recently done regular calibre versions, just plain hype really. if you want a usable .50 hand gun, go for one of the smith and wesson 500 variants... now thats a beast.

Glocks are ok, no frills do what they say on the tin kind of weapon. just a bit boring for me and the ergonomics of the grips dont agree with me either.

Forum User
    id rather a bazzuka tbh

Forum User
    I forgot to mention the work horse horse browning 9mm....quality weapon.

double tap during vehicle drills is the dogs. .. ive had a browning go on automatic! the sear snapped inside the weapon and it ran away emptying the mag

any way pistols are merly a side arm-

and a youthful me in Afghanistan loll:

how much is ammo over there?

still cant believe they let u touch a gun gunner

looking good gunner

i run a colt AR 15 .223 as my main weapon here in the US. Its fully stacked and loaded and is the complete bollocks! but its a little too big to carry out shopping

For the past couple of years there has been somewhat of an ammunition shortage, probably because the companies are supplying the army with rounds etc... thus the average price of rounds has gone up. i buy in bulk from various online outlets here in the US out of state so i dont pay sales tax. i buy 1000 rounds .40 180grain FMJ for around $220. these are only for practicing, and target shooting down at the range, i use Cor-Bon 135grain JHP for self defense. these are a lot more expensive, circa $20 per box of 20, but they are the nads when it comes to stopping power.

Browning has always been legendary when it comes to reliability and as a workhorse, just lacks a bit of finess for the everyday normal world for me. the other alternative i had was a H&K USP compact .40, thats a gorgeous weapon, but the hand grip was very odd!

I'm a yank by birth and maybe I'm just so english now but I do think its sad and very scary that we live in a world where people feel they need to take a gun out with them for self defence when they go shopping.
    Sorry to ruin the fun!